Where did summer go?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
There is now a winter weather advisory for the mountains so there is a chance of snow up there tonight. Cold and wet weather down in Denver.

It was 90F only a couple of days ago.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that's a quick transition!

It's just after 7:00pm here and the sun has set.

We were having 50 degree weather at night a couple of weeks ago!

Thankfully, no winter weather advisories here yet though!
(Um... knock wood LOL).

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After enduring the worst drought in over 100 years, and a record number of days over 100 degrees this summer....FALL CAN'T COME FAST ENOUGH! However, rain would be more welcome than cooler temps.

Send the temps down to Texas--we can handle them.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far its been a nice fall.But things are changing this week end. the weather man said to expect frost in the morning this week end. I'm so not ready for winter.I haven't even started getting the wood stacked for the wood stove..

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are having our first really cold night its 5 degrees out, but the wind has died away now so that's good

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Freeze advisory here - uppers 20s to lower 30s. It was also 90F here 3 days ago!

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel bad for those of you who had a hot summer. Here in NS, it was gorgeous all summer. Only a few really hot days. Temps have been in the low 50's at night almost every night for a couple weeks. 70's during the day. Kind of makes up for spring though because it rained almost every day for over 2 months!

I like all seasons, so I welcome fall/winter. I can't wait for the first snowfall!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good riddance to summer

That definitely is a quick transition out there though! No wonder my friend in WY was saying "time to break out the winter clothes" on Facebook earlier!

aimerlee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am SOOO ready for fall. The heat and humidity drives me nuts. It's still in the upper 80s here, though. Ooooh plus, tourist season is over! Yayy!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, there's a hard freeze advisory for tonight. . .not just a frost! It's early for the growing season to be over, and the crop yields will suffer if it really does freeze. It was 87 on Monday, so it was a quick change. It'll probably be 87 next Monday, too. . .the weather here is so unpredictable.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I prefer the 70s to low 80s at the most here; but 60s are great too! We are expecting it to be in the 60s this weekend! I love fall; I just dont want WINTER!!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

There is now a winter weather advisory for the mountains so there is a chance of snow up there tonight. Cold and wet weather down in Denver.
Lucky! It's been cooler until now. Now I've got the a/c on again

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I could not handle that. No way. Not this early.

We are to be down to the very low 40s this weekend at night. Highs in the low 60s. (I never did take the electric blanket off the bed....and I probably won't now; the cats would never forgive me.)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

It's 14 degrees here right now, but l love it!!!
I read that & thought "geeze lousie is she crazy!? 14 is well below freezing!". Then I remembered that's 14C not 14F.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

That definitely is a quick transition out there though! No wonder my friend in WY was saying "time to break out the winter clothes" on Facebook earlier!
Yeah, we don't really have fall and spring in Colorado...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
70s here today and tomorrow, but Sunday's forecast is for 54°F/12°C, 42°F/6°C at night. That's really preferable to the mid- to high 90s we had three weeks ago.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here on the coast we are praying for an early frost. We need to get rid of these mosquitoes left from the Hurricane.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by blueyedgirl5946

Here on the coast we are praying for an early frost. We need to get rid of these mosquitoes left from the Hurricane.
Killing all the allergens would be great too! I must have sneezed a hundred times when we were outside earlier!!

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to see summer go but good bye to the AC. At least for a few month then its " turn the heat up".