• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Quill_luv

Maternal Grandmother: Born in Saskatchewan, moved to Ontario
Grandfather: Born in Kars, Ontario
Originally the family came from Ireland and we have an extensive geneaology done.

Paternal Grandmother: Born near Warsaw Poland, moved to Canada in the early part of the century
Grandfather: Born somewhere in Germany, moved with her.
They also settled in Saskatchewan.
What part of Saskatchewan are they from?

miamispartan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Grandparents on my father's side were from Cyprus, and my Grandmother on my mother's side was from Big Stone Gap, VA, and her husband was from the UP of Michigan from a Finnish family...

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Paternal grandparents - my grandmother is from Norra Finn Sköga Sweden and my grandfather is from Stockholm Sweden. They were homesteaders in Saskatchewan, and my father grew up speaking Swedish.
Maternal grandparents - grandfather from London England, grandmother from County Cork in Ireland.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
paternal grandfather - San Jose, Costa Rica
paternal grandmother - San Jose Costa Rica

maternal grandfather - Granada, Nicaragua
maternal grandmother - Managua, Nicaragua

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom's side - both her parents came from families who've been here in the US for a number of generations.

My dad's side - my gram was from Bagheria, Sicily, and my grandfather was from Palermo, Sicily.

DH
On his father's side - his dad was from Sweden, mom was from us for at least several generations
on his mother's side - both grandparents were from what was part of the austrian-hungarian empire then called czechoslovakia (a town myjava - may be mispelling that) & now split into the czech republic and the republic of slovakia.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't get me started on my genealogy!

Paternal grandparents both born and grew up in this county in Indiana.

Maternal grandfather born in the adjacent county to the east (Indiana) and
Maternal grandmother born in Missouri.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Grandma Moms- Poland

grandfather Moms- Russia some small town

Dads parents - Germany

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Paternal grandparents - my grandmother is from Norra Finn Sköga Sweden and my grandfather is from Stockholm Sweden. They were homesteaders in Saskatchewan, and my father grew up speaking Swedish.
We have quite a few Saskatchewan connections here.

summerkid710

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Grandma and Grandpa on mom's side are both from north central Wisconsin.
On my dad's side, Grandma is from Milwaukee and Grandpa is from Michigan.

Beyond that, my Grandpa on my dad's side was mostly Welsh. My Grandma on my dad's side and my mom's side of the family are all German.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fathers side : English & Native American. They first came here in the late 1500's. Settled in Mass. One of my relatives was hung in Salem, Mass as a witch.

Mothers Side: Irish & Scottish. We really don't know a whole lot about this side. But my mother has researched as far back as 1700 I believe. We were run out of the country as horse theives.
Ironically this side of the family made a living in the early and mid 1900's by trading horses....

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

My fathers side : English & Native American. They first came here in the late 1500's. Settled in Mass. One of my relatives was hung in Salem, Mass as a witch.

Mothers Side: Irish & Scottish. We really don't know a whole lot about this side. But my mother has researched as far back as 1700 I believe. We were run out of the country as horse theives.
Ironically this side of the family made a living in the early and mid 1900's by trading horses....
That's quite the family history!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All of my Grandparents are from Chicago, but their ancestry is:

Mom's mom: Denmark (1900ish)
Mom's dad: Derbyshire England (1638)
Dad's mom: Warsaw Poland (1900ish)
Dad's dad: Augusta Germany (1900ish)

It seems like there was a great slavic migration to the U.S. in the late 1800's, early 1900's.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wapakoneta, Ohio; Vandalia, Ohio; Minneapolis, Minnesota; Marrieta, Ohio.

Great-grandparents are more interesting, three from Wales, two from Scandinavia, and a couple more from Germany.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dads - dad Bologna Italy (i just discovered this like 3 weeks ago!)
dads - mum Sicily Italy

Mums dad is from SCOTLANDD
Mums mum is from scotland

and they are both pureblood scottish

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All my grandparents are Finnish. I think my dad's family came here from Sweden in the 17th century.

I know a bit more about my mom's family, they had a genealogy done when I was a kid. I can actually trace my maternal ancestors as far as 11th century! That's because they are royalty until 14th century. The King of Norway's publicly recognized illegimate daughter's son (It was no biggie back then, royal illegimate children were given estates and titles, they were thought of as completely normal) moved to Finland in the early 14th century (Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland had a state union at the time). The family continued to be nobility until 18th century, when they fell down the social ladder and became farmers and musicians. My generation is the first since 18th century without any professional musicians.
Both my brother and my cousin play in bands as a hobby though.

abk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
On my dad's side both my grandparents are from Portugal as is my dad actually lol
And my mom's parents ...grandpa is from Holland and grandmother I'm not sure but I know she's part Irish.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only know about my maternal grandparents.

My grandmother was from Oklahoma Territory. Her father was a half blood Cherokee that walked the Trail of Tears and taught English to the kids during the march.
My grandfather was born in Oklahoma Territory, the son of Irish laborers.