When will she go into labour

Tee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I’m not sure how far along she is but this is Bella she has started eating a lot! By looking at her I’d expect her to go into labour but the way she’s eating I’m not so sure!
ABFCF50E-3691-49DC-AAD6-8CE70744856E.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you know when she mated?

Pregnant cats eat 2 to 3 times what they normally would if not pregnant, and not all cats lose their appetites at the end. My cat did not.

Your cat looks very near the end, but I thought my cat did too, and then she went two more weeks, and looked like this before delivering 4 very healthy weight kittens:
4A83602F-489A-4B71-8C04-C28327D5A24A.jpeg

• Purraise
Reactions: Tee
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you know when she mated?

Pregnant cats eat 2 to 3 times what they normally would if not pregnant, and not all cats lose their appetites at the end. My cat did not.

Your cat looks very near the end, but I thought my cat did too, and then she went two more weeks, and looked like this before delivering 4 very healthy weight kittens:
View attachment 393883
Hi
Not sure when she mated I thought she did when she went missing for almost two weeks but as I calculated it the dates were set as two weeks ago Friday, she was in and out the house from then she’s still eating quite a lot and I’ve seen kittens move around in her for almost two weeks now!
She vomited yesterday but I don’t know if that’s to do with eating so much she’s always had a big appetite 😭
This is her now she doesn’t want to leave the house and hasn’t for over three weeks now
B2AB8E9B-F2C2-431C-8484-F8928B98F048.jpeg

Tee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
Not sure when she mated I thought she did when she went missing for almost two weeks but as I calculated it the dates were set as two weeks ago Friday, she was in and out the house from then she’s still eating quite a lot and I’ve seen kittens move around in her for almost two weeks now!
She vomited yesterday but I don’t know if that’s to do with eating so much she’s always had a big appetite 😭
This is her now she doesn’t want to leave the house and hasn’t for over three weeks now
View attachment 394346
This is a picture of her yesterday
A329BFF1-CC80-4CE0-B55F-49ACBC78D963.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds like she’s getting close. Don’t let her leave the house at all now until she is spayed eight weeks after having her kittens. It’s not safe.

• Purraise

Tee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds like she’s getting close. Don’t let her leave the house at all now until she is spayed eight weeks after having her kittens. It’s not safe.
She gave birth this morning! I done the school run and it’s like she waited for me to come
Back and within the hour she had 4 healthy kitties! Did not let me leave her sight until she was done! Not sure on the colour of kitties as one minute they look black the en t they look grey and their legs are grey will they change or stay this colour?
9DB93B4E-6186-4D27-B29C-630A68DA1702.jpeg

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kittens' colors will probably change some as they age. Looks like they're black compared to mama and from the photo, they look like they're nursing well. Do weigh them as soon as mama will let you and keep a record so you can give them supplemental feedings if any aren't growing properly. Recommended gains are about 10 grams per day or more.

• Purraise

Tee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The kittens' colors will probably change some as they age. Looks like they're black compared to mama and from the photo, they look like they're nursing well. Do weigh them as soon as mama will let you and keep a record so you can give them supplemental feedings if any aren't growing properly. Recommended gains are about 10 grams per day or more.
Thank you! She’s not left from them ive had to hold her food bowl near to her to eat and she ate well 🤗 she’s very tired as well so giving her plenty of water to keep her hydrated, she isn’t leaving kittens sight so as soon as she does I will weigh them

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She could use some KMR. It provides calcium to help with her milk production. You'll probably need some soon when the kittens start weaning, anyway. Same for kitten food. Mom can use some extra nutrients, which kitten food supplies in higher concentration. You'll need that soon, too.

She may get better about leaving the kittens for longer periods in a little while. She's probably all a bunch of hormones right now. Is this her first litter?