When will my cat give birth roughly?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pearce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kittens appear to be very low visually and very active. I cannot touch her belly today though so i can only tell from seeing them rolling. Very anxiously waiting. :D

Pearce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nothing yet. Kittens are still very active and Mistios very tired. No plug/discharge as far as I have seen. She was pretty irritable last night and was searching for somewhere to go but not meowing and nothing came of it over night. I also woke up to some puked up cat food this morning.

nancyjoel123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nothing yet. Kittens are still very active and Mistios very tired. No plug/discharge as far as I have seen. She was pretty irritable last night and was searching for somewhere to go but not meowing and nothing came of it over night. I also woke up to some puked up cat food this morning.
Yes, unfortunately vomiting can occur in the last week or so of pregnancy. My cat just had kittens last week, and she was a little squeamish a couple days before giving birth.

Pearce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't been able to see the kittens today. I'm hoping soon! Still no signs of labor however. Just looking for places to hide and then taking a snack break then nap. Hahah

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven't been able to see the kittens today. I'm hoping soon! Still no signs of labor however. Just looking for places to hide and then taking a snack break then nap. Hahah
Really can't be much longer now, its so exciting isn't it 😊

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I keep thinking that but the days keep coming! Hahaha she HAS to be close. :zzzcat:
Have the kittens dropped yet?
My mama cat dropped the day before she had them, labour started at 7pm then kind of stopped after a few hrs then was in full blown labour at 4am and had her first kitten at 7am.
It was a long long night, very tiring but all worth it, our kittens are 9.5 wks now and nearly ready for their new homes.
Is this your first cat birth?

Pearce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is the drop obvious? She looks to have dropped but i just assumed she got too big and the kittens had to move down some to make room. Shes doesnt have high saddlebags anymore, they are under her but its been like that for a few days now. My boyfriend and I took in a very pregnant feral about 5 years ago but she had them in a room alone she wasn't keen on us being around so i let her have her space and she had them while we were at work. So yes, this will be my first birth.

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is the drop obvious? She looks to have dropped but i just assumed she got too big and the kittens had to move down some to make room. Shes doesnt have high saddlebags anymore, they are under her but its been like that for a few days now. My boyfriend and I took in a very pregnant feral about 5 years ago but she had them in a room alone she wasn't keen on us being around so i let her have her space and she had them while we were at work. So yes, this will be my first birth.
It was obvious that she had dropped in the way you have described with your mama cat. Kittens were really active the evening before she gave birth, they looked as though they were getting into position for birth. I think its quite common for lose stools and drinking alot of water 24-48hrs prior to labour, this was certainly the case for my cat.
Have you watched some birthing videos? I had to rip a sack open has mama didn't do it has she was giving birth to her forth at the time, just be mindful incase you need to step in. Hope everything goes well.

Pearce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have watched so many videos. Especially since she's a first time mom to be I'm going to be there for her and help her if she needs me. I just keep thinking today is the day and she just lays there contradicting me. :lol2:

Pearce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She just keeping me waiting. Hehe Do these kicks appear low to anyone or just me? Her belly has been hard the last 3-4 days but nothing else pointing me to her giving birth soon. Fingers crossed it'll be soon. She's making me a nervous wreck! 😂

Pearce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all! thank you for all of your responses it means a lot to me. It also makes me seem like I'm not alone in this. Mistios is still very pregnant. She had what I thought was some discharge yesterday but it was a very little and when I smelled it it didn't smell like anything but I guess COULD HAVE BEEN poo. hopefully not, it was on my hand HAHA. Today she has just been moping around with that bowling ball of hers. I didn't think it was possible for it to get bigger but she proved me wrong over the weeks. She can't be too much further as my 1st post was on the first of Sept! She has ate a little less of her wet food today, she for the most part scarfs all of hers and then goes to Kratos' plate to clean his. They both left half the can on their plates today. Today I have not been able to see or feel the kittens. Is it possible for her to drop before pushing the kittens down into position? she looked to have dropped days ago but today is the first day I haven't been able to see their kung-fu moves or feel them. She does not seem in any discomfort aside from the obvious "IM SO FAT AND CANT MOVE"

Again thanks for all of your help!

Pearce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I guess they were just napping at that moment in time. They're still going just not as much. My boyfriend's birthday is tomorrow the 25th. He guessed 2 weeks ago they would come on his birthday, hah. Now I can only hope it's that soon. For a moment there I thought her purr box was broken LOL. I felt like I haven't heard her purr for weeks. This morning when I went to go say good morning she was actually purring the slightest. I do realize this may be self soothing if she's in pain, I just missed her motorbox and I felt silly for such a thing. She's slightly more restless today when she is awake but getting tons of sleep. She hasn't gone in her normal window sill either which she loves to sun bathe in. Just moping around in various spots on the floor. Why do cats like to sit right in the way of foot traffic! hahah anyways back to waiting! Hope you're all having a wonderful night.