When will he return? Neutered feral

kittyandco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In a galaxy, far far away...called Illinois.
Cameras? Cool. That would certainly be helpful.

Well, maybe Patches will just start coming earlier. Kitties learn fast. Unless, he has somewhere important to be...

Sometimes, cats disappear for a long time because someone ELSE is feeding them, and when they come back to us, the OTHER people start worrying!

missymae

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I'm new to all of this and not experienced by any means, but could it be possible that his other feeding person has formed a bond with him as well. Maybe they are not really experienced with the whole feral thing and the tnr. Maybe they are just a simple cat lover and they saw his surgery place and thought he shouldn't be out on his own like that right now and maybe he is held up at someones house that feels they are doing the right thing for him. Then maybe when he is let loose he will come back to you. Just a thought and a different take on it.

Gosh, I'm just getting started with this stuff. I'm getting scared now about fixing Bootsie the feral little girl that we've been feeding for months. She just had her first litter and we don't know where or how many babies she had. We wanted to get her fixed and tame her as much as possible, at least enough to give her the lovins she deserves. We have worked hard on the trust and we were hoping she would adopt us permanently. I hope she doesn't run off afterwards. We are in the process of trying to figure out how and when to capture her and the babies.

If the kittens aren't too old when we find them, we will try to tame and find good homes. If that doesn't work, we will at least tnr them and provide food and shelter. I really rarely ever see another cat in our neighborhood, so I want to get a handle on this before it becomes a problem. Especially since we have a chronic grumpy neighbor across the road who isn't a cat person.Come to think of it I don't think he is a people person either. Oh well, to each his own. We try to be as friendly as possible.

missymae

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oops.....didn't read page 2 before I commented.....sorry.

But ........... Hip-Hip-Hurray! ............So happy for you! So glad he came back to you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you still want a feeding station there IS a way. We have so many raccoons we can't leave food out either, in fact when I feed my ferals at 4AM I had to stand there to keep them away. If you put a platform on top of a CENTER post about 5 feet (or 6) off the ground and then have a "jumping" box for the cats to jump on and then jump to the platform the 'coons can't get to it. I then put a big clear plastic tub on top to protect it from the weather. The interesting thing I found out is that the way the coons are built they can climb anything, but they CAN"T JUMP more then a few inches. It works for me! The center post will allow them to climb, so the platform has to be wide enough not to allow them to grab an edge.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can also put a skirt of metal around the platform. So even if the raccoon climbs the center pole, he won't be able to get around the skirt and onto the platform. The platform needs to be at least three and a half feet high, so the raccoon can't jump up. That isn't too high for the cats. It also should not be under any trees branches that the raccoon can climb on and use to drop down on the platform.

Dazzcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would bet he's just scared and upset right now, he should come back. He doesn't hate you, you are the giver of yummy canned food!
I've had ferals un off for weeks and just when I was giving up they would show back up. Don't give up! I'll pray for his safe return. Please tell us when he returns!

My feral spayed cat Jazmin is missing fot 5 days. But the treata I left outside for her are always eaten! Could it be that she is lurking nearby? A few ,omths ago, two neighbors told me that they feed Jazmin. Maybe Jazmin is hanging out at their homes now?