When to expect active labor?

Crabbysquatch

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I went through this about a year ago. I feel your stress and excitement. I was a complete wreck the whole time. Lol. The one thing I learned was not to panic if they don’t pop out one after another when it starts. Our two boys were born 6hrs apart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thyrajlove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I went through this about a year ago. I feel your stress and excitement. I was a complete wreck the whole time. Lol. The one thing I learned was not to panic if they don’t pop out one after another when it starts. Our two boys were born 6hrs apart.
Thank you!! & I’m happy to hear your baby had a safe delivery ❤
Hoping things move along more today, she’s still acting normal & eating & drinking!! I haven’t left her side for a week now 😭
She does seem to be scouting out more nesting spots!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thyrajlove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
6/24 Update - I think we have a false pregnancy on our hands! She’s been going back to her normal levels of affection (only occasionally following and allowing belly rubs, still very cuddly when she wants to be) & still eating and drinking. Her nipples & abdomen don’t appear as full anymore & the amount of discharge has decreased (only see a small amount each day if any).
I’m gonna take her to the vet later this week - sooner if she shows signs of distress or becomes lethargic but all is well right now!! - to confirm that’s all this was then schedule her spaying!
I’ll update again once I’ve taken her or if anything happens before then, thank you so much for everyone’s help!! Y’all kept me sane the past week ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A false pregnancy followed by a spay would honestly be a best-case scenario. Do keep us posted!