When to add more food

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have kittens born may 22nd so they are in there 7 th week they are healthy. My question is when to add their 3td and 4th meals.
They each had one serving of raw goats milk picked up from a friend down the road starting the day they turned 4 weeks because I noticed that the fifth teat in the front row was slightly smaller and the sixth never carried mature milk as it was not in use. As a result they were getting abit scrambly when nursing. Over that week bady food with milk and then kitten wet food was added. Some will eat the dryfood and water that is out for mumma cat.
They are up to two meals I don't want to make tbe weening prosess to fast and most of the kittens are staying untill 12 weeks.
Beatrix their mumma was super thin after the birth and is starting to fill out again she has wet food or chicken about 7-9 times a day plus all the kitten dry she will eat[emoji]128558[/emoji].
Anyhow that the low down thinking I'll start with 3 today .
They still nurse often

, and cleverly in twos or threes .

Last edited by a moderator:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can offer 4 meals a day now.  If they don't want it they won't eat it.  Typical cats.  They will still nurse from mom, some continue to nurse for comfort until mom finally cuts them off.   Offering more food will not effect how often they nurse, but mom may appreciate their having other means of food.  They are also getting to the age where they need more than mom's milk.  You can put down wet pate kitten food diluted with goat's milk so it is easier for them to lap up.