When the moment comes...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had to put both of mine to sleep yesterday. shedding tears reading this, ty for posting.
My heart goes out to you in your double loss. May your beloved ones watch over you until reunited in due time. Our beloved angel Tarifa went to the Bridge last Monday, and our pain is very intense. I can't know how anyone else feels about anything, but I certainly know grief.

KK300

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We had to say goodbye to our beloved Sammy last week. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. I loved him with every fibre of my being since the day he came to us as a kitten.

He is a huge part of me, and will forever be that way.

The pain is unbearable.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had to say goodbye to our beloved Sammy last week. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. I loved him with every fibre of my being since the day he came to us as a kitten.

He is a huge part of me, and will forever be that way.

The pain is unbearable.
I am so very sorry for your loss! How old was your Sammy angel? For me, too, saying goodbye to a beloved feline family member is the hardest of all even though I know we will be reunited in time, and that they are watching over us from a much better place. They each take a part of my heart and soul with them when they leave. No words or gestures can make it easier.

KK300

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have just lost our adored cat, Sammy. He was 11 yo, and had idiopathic hepatitis. I just can't believe he is gone, I loved him with every fibre of my being, he was my soulmate.
Thank you for the original post.

KK300

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much.
I am finding it so hard to deal with Sammy's loss. he was so intelligent and just an old, wise soul, we had such a bond.
I loved him so much.
His life was taken by a disease that could not be identified. I am so angry at the universe that such a gentle and beautiful soul could be taken this way.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful post. I think almost all day f us here have been through losing a beloved fur baby. It tears your heart out, but you know as painful as it is.... every second was worth it. Giving them a home. Loving, & being loved back, the bond created, no matter the journey.
I definitely felt...feel that.
Having lost my very first kitty, Angel, my soul kitty to cancer after only being in my life for 6 & 1/2 yrs. ...
Then, 7 months To The Day, I said goodbye to him, my little black Sammie girl showed up on my porch. Little did I know we'd only have 2 yrs & 2 & 1/2 months together.
She also ended up with cancer. ( A diff one from Angel). Talk about "what are the chances?!" Losing my very first two babies with in 3 yrs of each other. ....
BUT..... I have no doubt that Angel sent her to me. He knew that I would love her, & give her the best care I could for the time she had. I just wish I'd had more time with her.
As painful as it was to go through that twice in a row, I think about what her life may have been like, had they not come to me. They would have suffered in the end.
It was all so heartbreaking, but I wouldn't change anything. I am just greatful that they were in my life, filled it with so much love, and in return, I was there for them. ❤

Sending Big tight hugs to everyone. Especially those who are going through this now. Know that you are not alone, & we are with you, and your babies are with you in spirit. ❤

A friend that used to be on here, sent me this the other day. ❤

IMG_20210710_143954.png

KK300

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is beautiful, thank you.
I'm so heartbroken right now. I am, fortunately, in a position to be able to support rescue organisations, but I don't think I could ever adopt another cat. Sammy was so special, no other cat could measure up to him. He brought a light to my life that can't be replicated. His loss in unbearable.

KK300

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A family member sent me this, by Henry Scott-Holland

:
Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Nothing has happened.

Everything remains exactly as it was.
I am I, and you are you,
and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.

Call me by the old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no difference into your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it.

Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was.
There is absolute and unbroken continuity.
What is this death but a negligible accident?

Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just round the corner.

All is well.
Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!

Source: Death Is Nothing At All By Henry Scott-Holland, Famous Death Poem

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
K KK300 , Beautiful poem.
I'm so sorry you are going through this right now. Especially with both at the same time.💔
I can't even imagine. Know that they are with you.
I hope you can take some comfort in the support here. I have been here for almost 10 yrs, and know that there are a lot of wonderful, like-minded people here.
They have certainly been here for me through it ALL!! ❤ :grouphug2:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are currently going thorough the loss of our beautiful baby boy. Don't know which way to turn, just feeling desperate.
Each of us grieves differently and there is no "right" or "wrong" way. The one thing that is universal is that it must be gone through by those experiencing the loss.
For me, I was conceived and born into a family "with cat" and have lived almost every day with cats. I have lost cats in kittenhood and all the way up to 21 years, from just about every conceivable cause. My feeling is that, since all of my cats are "rescued", and since I work 365 days a year advocating for cats, I know that every one of my loved ones would want me to open my heart and home to another deserving cat in need. And almost every time, I do. Right now I'm in a different place, with Baby Su being 16 and only bonded to me, and Elvis being very territorial. I don't think it would be fair to put either of them through the stress at this point. Also, we welcomed roommates into our home 1 1/2 years ago, and they have the room that was always my "welcome room" for new adoptees here. So now, I have no good place for a new cat for the initial two weeks experts suggest a cat stays in his/her own room to acclimatize, except for the office, which might be problematical as all of my IT stuff is in here. So we're at two plus two roomies now. If this was not the case, I'd be running to adopt. I yearn to do so. But I can't now.
I do always encourage people to do this when possible. But I know it isn't always possible. My roomies' cat, whom I used to cat-sit, passed several years back and she told me she could never adopt another for the same reason you state. So now, they have the joy of living with Baby Su and Elvis, but I do all of the caregiving, and they sleep and spend their time with me.
There is no one way to grieve. And there is no one way to continue. It just happens. We lost our beloved Tarifa angel last August to what I believe was cancer. She would have been 18 in September, and we had been together since I adopted her as an 11-months rescue kitten from a friend who did rescue. We are still absolutely devastated. We go through the motions, but we miss her every moment.
I miss all of my loved ones. I always will. With great love comes great pain. But without that great love, life is only existence.