When I am good and ready!

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make a gesture and give a verbal request,both being well known to her. "You are just gonna have to wait. " , she indicates by deliberately turning her head away from me for a minute or 2.
Then after the wait..." Ok I'm ready now" and she complies.

Does your cat ignore you? I swear mine gives me the stink eye at times to show her annoyance.
Am I imagining it?
Is this just what all cats do?

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I swear, mine has a specific kind of meow reserved for sassing me. She uses it when I tell her no and she disagrees. For example, I'll be on the other side of the room and see her ready to jump on the counter. I tell her no and make a clicking noise indicating no. She turns her head my way and deploys this petulant meow I never otherwise hear. Then she returns to jumping.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make a gesture and give a verbal request,both being well known to her. "You are just gonna have to wait. " , she indicates by deliberately turning her head away from me for a minute or 2.
Then after the wait..." Ok I'm ready now" and she complies.

Does your cat ignore you? I swear mine gives me the stink eye at times to show her annoyance.
Am I imagining it?
Is this just what all cats do?
My Maddie was the empress of stink-eye.
I always say they understand every word I say, or else how could they be so selective about what to ignore?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Does your cat ignore you? Is this just what all cats do?
Yes, of course this is what cats do but that's also why we love them. Their independent nature makes us appreciate when they come to us for cuddles and affection. :catlove: But in spite of this I still get the dirtiest looks when it's time to give Carleton his medicine. It's like he's swearing and calling me every cuss word in the book. :lol: