When can i give my kitten bath if he got neutered today?

bluecapps

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He peed but jumped out of the litter box too early and got pee all over his back and tail (and also on my bed). i tried cleaning him with warm water and towel but he ran away. (he's running away from me and attacking me so it's impossible to thoroughly clean his back and tail and get rid of all the pee without bathing him)

what should i do? can i give him a bath after 7 days? do all cats usually soil themselves post-surgeries? 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So sorry for the delay in any replies. I would wait to give a bath until the sutures are completely dissolved - at least ten days. You can gently use baby wipes to try to clean him off a little bit but be very careful around the incision area. He may be tender and will hiss if he is feeling a little pain in that area. It is pretty common for little kittens to run out of the box after a neuter that way. He may have felt a little uncomfortable and ran off before he finished.

[article="31634"][/article]
[article="29672"][/article]

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluecapps

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He didn't get any sutures and it's been 7 days. can i give him a bath now or should i wait 3 more days? 

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a reason you need to give him a bath?  I would just let him be until he's healed.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Use pet grooming wipes to clean your cat. Or baby wipes, but not one that has lotion or other stuff in it.