Whatsit

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't be nuts! If you had a batch of feral kittens turn up in your yard, you'd deal with it too, believe me! We didn't go looking for them, they found us. I take absolutely no credit at all for helping them, because it wasn't intentional. I didn't have any particular affinity for cats, and my hubby HATED them. The cats deserve all the credit here, not us!!!!

So you deserve FAR more credit - you intentionally have made yourself a caretaker, and you have taken on the hardest task of all - sheltering one in need - and not keeping her, just caretaking until she has a forever home. That's worth admiring!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wibble

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, I can't believe your Hubbie hated cats, Iv'e seen some of your other posts and he seems to be such a natural cat lover, he must have been converted.

Admitedly it was Richard who got me to be more of a cat lover, I always used to prefer dogs. Now I am become a mad cat lady, at least in my Mothers eyes.

Marie

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First Rocki (Booger) showed up - and I talked him in to keeping her around by feeding her so she'd keep mice away and stop raiding the garbage cans. He didn't have any particular affection for her, but she was cute and amusing - she started his heart melting.

Then the kitties turned up in the yard, and The Cat Site talked us into caring for them! THEN they started loving on him - and Lazlo was abandoned and crying - and what was there to do but bring him inside? Then we nabbed Shelly to keep Lazlo company - and with all that loving going on around here, what was he supposed to do?

LOVE THEM!

wibble

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Gary sounds like a very special man

I have some "big" news, Whatsit has been letting me hold her in my arms!!

It's only been for a few minutes at a time, but she doesn't seem fazed by it at all and as soon as I've put her down again she stands still for a stroke and listens to me sing her, the good girl song, don't ask how it goes, Richard caught me doing it and thinks I have gone loopy.

She has never been picked up before, so it is really good going.

I had to spend a few days in London on a course and Richard said she had been a bit quiet and when I got back and she saw me she became estatic, she just kept turning round in circles and even flopped on her back!

Seeing as she has adjusted so well, The CPL should hopefully be able to reccomend her a bit more for rehoming.

Marie

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Marie, how wonderful!!!! Your heart must have done flip-flops when she flopped over! She sounds so sweet.

Thank God you had good news! I was just in Cat S.O.S. and read Nenners TERRIBLE animal hoarding news (a woman with mental problems). I physically got sick from the story. I REALLY needed something like this!!!!!

I'm so glad you're back, I'm so glad you posted, and I'm so glad I was here to see it!!!!!!

Yipppppeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Marie that is such wonderful progress you have made with Whatsit! You must be s kitty miracle worker.
Now you know, you will have to teach her new people the Good Girl Song when she gets adopted.

wibble

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol, that would be one way of having not to part with her, by scaring off potential new owners, not just with being loopy but with my not so great singing voice

It's no suprise the cats like to hear me sing it probably sounds like a yowling cat to them.

Marie

wibble

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We had a couple come round tonight and they really liked Whatsit and they decided to take her tonight

I am glad she has got a real home where she can get heaps of love and attention, but I hadn't prepared myself for this happening so soon.I feel like crying now.

On the plus side they seemed really nice and the lady has been round cats since she was a kid so she is experienced and her Mum's cat used to be very timid. Whatsist seemed to take to her as well.

I just want to thank everyone for the advise and support they gave and allowed me to talk about her when most people I know would get sick of it after 2 minutes.

Marie

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marie - just think about all the love that Whatsit is going to get at her new home. You've done a great job, and I haven't met a fosterer yet that hasn't cried when a kitty has left for a furever home. Even the hardened ones that have been doing it for years shed a quiet tear.

Whatsit is now more prepared than ever for a new home and that's all thanks to you.

When my Mum picked up Tanya from her CP foster home Gail (the fosterer) was crying and we were both crying too!

I'm so happy for Whatsit, and you'll have many more worthy kitties looking for new homes to look after!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Marie, you did great with Whatsit, and gave her a chance to go to that family that she may not have had otherwise. There's no shame in crying when your fosters leave for their good homes. If you didn't love them you wouldn't be doing what you are doing.

Whatsit will gets loads of love in her new home, and she's there because of the time and love you showed her first.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You wouldn't be the cat-lover you are if you didn't feel like crying when she left! I'm so sorry I wasn't here yesterday. Just one day and so much happens.

Marie - all I can say is I think you're wonderful. Fostering is the hardest job of all. Will you be getting another one to foster? Or, like me, have you decided it's just too hard?

Either way, you've got angel wings. Whatsit is now in a happy home because of you - and that's why you did it!!!! She'll be happy - and you've made a family very happy!

You're WONDERFUL!!!!!!

Laurie

wibble

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol, I didn't - but the thought of it did make me smile.

I am feeling a lot more better now, thank you everyone
I have been told whatsit has settled in very well and sat on her new mums lap already and she was very well behaved when she went for her vacinations.

I have been told that we are going to get another cat on Monday, called Cleo who had been left in a flat

Once again thanks. I am now off for my short holiday to the seaside

Take care

Marie

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Get wobbly, Wibble! Enjoy the seaside. I'm so glad to hear you're getting another kitty to foster!!!! Wow! You're really brave. That's great news.

Laurie