What's your poison?

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always been a liquor girl myself, but I made a pledge that over the summer I would find a beer that I liked a lot and a wine! We go to a local beer garden on a weekly basis, and a lot of the places we go out to eat have cheaper wine than they do liquor, plus liquor seems so much more high maintenance lol.
And well I thought it would be kind of cool to hear what others prefer and maybe get some new wines and beers to try!
Beers:
Local brews:
Marble City Nectar Rubus
Smoky Mountain Brewing Co. SunSphere Wit
Others:
Blue Moon
Yeungling (Garys go-to cheap beer... so I will drink it if that's my only option)
Tsingtao (I LOVE it when Gary brings it home from China, but not so much out of the bottle here... dunno what is different)
I also had a chocolate beer that was freaking amazing, but I cannot remember who made it!

Wines: I prefer sweeter wines.
Flip Flop Moscotto is absolutely amazing!
Barefoot Sweet Red
Barefoot Moscotto
Woodbridge Riesling
Biltmore Zinfandel Blanc de Noir

I also have a bottle of Cupcake Red Velvet in my fridge, but havent tried it yet!

So what should I try?
Also Garys sis is getting married in August and she is doing wine bottles for centerpieces... so I have an excuse to go out and try as many different kinds as I can!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
seems prettie delicious options...

and you make me laugth with your title of thread!...

Of course Beer for me, but Lager in special, I like the dark beers too and sometimes I love to mix its....here we call this mix as "Campechanas"....

SO if for liquours I should to drink...
firts I ask for Vodka my sweet "comrade"..
and next whiskey.......don´t like the Brandys & other kind of liquors...
make me feel sick!

Talking about wines my really favourite of all times is a Chardonay...
never change it...

*hic*....it was a delicious trip my friend!...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not much of a drinker. But if DH and I go out I do like to have a fruity margarita. Yum!

My cousin turned me on to Red Cat wine a few years ago. It's local to Upstate NY. I can't get it here. Their white is good too. Hazlitt is the name of the winery. She had something with "fish" in the name too that was great! I like my wines on the sweet side. http://www.hazlitt1852.com/

I haven't found a beer yet that I like. But my step-brother has tried one that is made more local to me (available elsewhere) and he loved it. He is a big beer drinker. When I needed advice on one to bake with; I went to him first.
It's from the Dogfigh Head Brewery. Not sure which one of their beers though. I think they were making something else too. Like I said; not much of a drinker! http://www.dogfish.com/

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you want to try my favorite wine I have found try New Age, get a lime and add a little bit to it when you drink it.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't drink very much either (I'm naturally this ditzy
) but when I do I love wine, Riesling is by far my favorite, altho I have had a couple sweeter Chardonnays that I liked, I'm not big on the dry wines. I like Chateaa Ste. Michelle Riesling and there's a brewery here near the lake (Lake Erie) called Mon Ami that had a pretty darn good Riesling if I recall *hic!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

My cousin turned me on to Red Cat wine a few years ago. It's local to Upstate NY. I can't get it here. Their white is good too. Hazlitt is the name of the winery.
It just so happens that I have a bottle of Red Cat white in the fridge as I type. Want to join me?

I'm a margarita girl. I tend to stay away from beer; I don't know, never quite acquired a taste for beer. I do like an icy Molson Golden Ale sometimes. We keep Coors Light on hand for my sister and BIL.

We have a local winery, Shade Mountain, and we buy their wines quite often. http://www.shademountainwinery.com/. They are quite good. I love their Three Witches, a sparkling wine. My sister and I will break open a bottle occasionally. They have a great mint wine, too, and Sandy and I use that in our iced tea. It's makes a good mint tea with a kick.

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As far as Liquor goes, I am like many of them. Drambuie is a favorite, I also like Grey Goose vodka, and Bacardi Light rum.

Beer: Domestic beer,I like any Pumpkin Ale, and of it's not pumpkin, I put lime in them all. (Vitamin c-wouldn't want scurvy!!)
Imported beer: I like Moosehead, and I like Dos Equis. I will drink Heineken if I have no choice. I also LOOOOVE Harp and Killians red beer from Ireland.

Wine: I only like the driest of dry wines, and not very often, I do not have a good reaction to the tannins or whatever is in red wine. Immediate headache is a deterrent. I can drink white wine, I enjoy Chardonnay, but only like Long Island Pindar or Duckwalk.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like fruity drinks that have almost no alcohol in them :p
My favourite was made by one of my friends and contains: Citrus vodka, lime juice, elderflower, a sprig of rosemary and muddled blackberries. It was AMAZING.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't had any luck with wines lately, but I do like semi sweet fruity wines usually.

I've been on a big Rockstar Vodka kick.
Vodka in general really.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I drink a lot of types of wine but to me you cant beat a dry red, the drier the better if I want a fruiter wine I go for a Rose

I dont like beers or lagers and I found that cider is nicer, I go for a dry cider if im drinking it at home or if i'm out I will drink sweet cider or a pear one....and actually strawberry cider is quite enjoyable

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no poison anymore..LOL by choice however. When I did drink though it was always one of three drinks. Rolling Rock (beer), Captain Morgan and diet soda, or RedBull and Jeagermiester. I do not miss drinking though...Im the type were no matter what I drank, how little or however much I would vomit..my sensitive stomach just cant handle alcohol.

There is an amazing grapey flavored wine from Spy Glass that is spectacular to drink and to cook with. It really enhances the flavor of beef so I use it in my roast recipe when I can get some.

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I drink beer, I drink Bud Light....but I LOVE the Pineapple Bacardi Breezers, YUM!!!

And for shots I love Raspberry Sour Puss!!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momto3boys

Have you ever mixed it, Kailie?

I never have but one of my friends Erica mixes it with 7Up and she loves it!
I mix it all the time doll!
In fact last weekend this is what I was drinking:

A shot of vodka.
A shot of raspberry Sour Puss.
A squirt of lime juice.
A splash of orange juice.
Fill it up with diet 7-Up!

YUM!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh so many good suggestions in here! Cant wait to try them all! We are doing Enchiladas tonight for dinner so I grabbed some margarita mix at the store and Gary is going to pick up some "Tokillya" on his way home. Tequila and I arent really friends lol! I HATE HATE HATE the way it tastes but love margaritas... I just make them with more mix that buzz lol!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My absolute favorite beer is Weinhard's Dark Ale, but cannot get it here

Second to that I like Fat Tire.

I'm not a fan of Pilsners or Lagers, I prefer Ales, period.
Money being an issue, I tend to drink bloody Bud Light (Bud Light + bloody mary mix).

I don't care for wine at all.