What's your most questionable quarantine purchase?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Um pineapple lights! No question!
Sounds like a no-brainer, right? However, after reading the product description it turns out they are battery operated. I don't want to have to keep changing batteries every five minutes.

Instead I've ordered a string of Glowing flower globes, which sound very pretty. I'll post a picture when they're up.

:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They don't match my living room. They were too long for my desk and not long enough for the doorway by my desk. I need bedroom furniture. They'd probably work over a headboard but I don't have one. DH said maybe next year.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one of them that is full of plastic bags from various stores. I use them to line our smaller waste baskets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
There is nothing wrong with a GIANT container of cheese balls! :lol: I won't buy them because I'll eat the whole thing myself.

Instead I've ordered a string of Glowing flower globes, which sound very pretty. I'll post a picture when they're up.
We're waiting!

I bought lights that are specifically made to wrap around a tree trunk. they are half up. I need my husband's help with the ladder. It's definitely a 2 person job.

I totaled how much wine I've bought. It's a lot. :paperbag:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We're waiting!
So it turned into a bit of a project, as these things invariably do. :rolleyes2: The lights were pretty, but I felt they needed a bit more so I made a kind of a ....thing....for them to hang from. I found some old twisty vines, stripped the bark off, dried them out then painted them with a dark wood stain.
Lights2.jpg
Lights3.jpg

I'm not entirely happy with it yet. I think it needs a third piece of twisty old vine to get the balance right. I'm keeping my eyes open for one every time I go out for a walk.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Add another case of wine to my total. :paperbag:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Backpacks for my homeschooled kids. :flail:

They do use them for overnights and trips. And summer camp. DS’s backpack broke last year and we never found a nicely priced Mario one to replace it. He was using a plain one of Dh’s. So I spotted one while picking up some things this afternoon and he’s thrilled. I got DD a Pusheen one last year that she loves; but she got a new mermaid one today too. Both came with small insulated lunch bags and were not expensive. They will get use out of them; its just funny buying that sort of thing for kids whose commute to school is measured in steps.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if it's questionable but it is unusual for me. First, I was running out of ground turkey and the stores were out. I used Instacart to deliver me several pounds of ground turkey. I have never used something like that for grocery shopping. I prefer to go myself. Second and third are related. I actually ordered toilet paper from Amazon and did a happy dance that I managed to snag some and purchase it without it selling out. Before I scored the toilet paper, I resorted to buying toilet paper from the local boat store. It's the kind made for boat bathrooms so it's thin and dissolves quickly.

Since they are saying that things may go back to bad in the Fall, I am currently stocking up on items that were hoarded the last time. Ground turkey, toilet paper, paper towels, canned goods to make meals like ravioli/beef stew/manwich, soup, and pastas. I will buy some each week when I do my normal grocery shopping.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
+1 case of wine. :paperbag: