What's your most questionable quarantine purchase?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a huge bag of limes three weeks ago. It's still sitting in the fridge. :dunno:
Please tell me that you will be using those limes for key lime pie, baking, cooking, or drinking with water.
(None of those added to favorite mixed beverages right now. :lol: :spew::wink: )
(We will be watching your posts closely. :blush: :clover: ) :deal: 😉

(I wonder if you can freeze lemons and limes. Will have to go look that up.)
Try the ones without underwire! Much more comfortable. I just bought 9 new pairs of underwear! They actually make me feel MORE comfortable than going commando. But I'm weird like that. You guys already knew that. :thumbsup:
I'll have to buy new underwear, too. I'll put that on the list. That sounds very smart and useful.
I've never actually gone commando, but that sounds like total freedom. (And since we're stuck at home anyway, I should try it.)

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm small and I've stopped wearing bras too. It's fantastic. When I go out I might not wear any if my t shirt decal can cover up the nippers and if not I just slip on my bralette which is much more comfy than a traditional bra. I also have only worn sweats...even when picking up food or groceries. It's been fantastic.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm small and I've stopped wearing bras too. It's fantastic. When I go out I might not wear any if my t shirt decal can cover up the nippers and if not I just slip on my bralette which is much more comfy than a traditional bra. I also have only worn sweats...even when picking up food or groceries. It's been fantastic.
I'm an A cup, and I mostly just wear camisoles with with like a built in shelf/elastic band? They do double duty in helping cover my long torso since not all shirts do or will ride up. But once I'm in pajamas, I just let them fall free, no biggie.

I don't think I could go commando on the bottom, though. Underwear for sure!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the way you're all so confident in discussing sizes.
It's really nice to hear confidence from women. (I'm a C, but from age 40 to 50, now, gravity is at work, so I need the extra support.)

I need to go out in the next week and buy paper 'leaf bags'.
Great Value Paper Yard Waste Bags | Walmart Canada
Whoever invented the paper leaf bags is no doubt making tonnes of money.

(All the leaves did not fall here until late november, or may be december, then the snow came, covered the leaves, they froze, and didn't seem to break up into the ground. Now we have to go around, raking the yard, piling the leaves, and placing them in paper bags so they can be collected by the garbage department for compost.)

'Paper leaf bags' are definitely a 'questionable quarantine purchase'.
(Since all this should have been finished last year. Mother Nature and Weather is all mixed up.)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a G cup, or so the measurements say. So, yeah, I'm more comfortable with a bra than without. I haven't been able to find a G cup bra that fits my requirements (wire-free, seamless cups, doesn't cost $100) so I've been wearing a DDD. Anybody who thinks they want big ones, I assure you, you do not. They're a pain; I hope someday to get a reduction.

I'm trying NOT to make questionable quarantine purchases. Or any purchases. I have plenty of food and supplies, I don't need to go shopping. But I want to! I'll have to lock myself up this weekend so I don't go boredom shopping.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
W Willowy Have you tried Layne Bryant? I prefer a wire; so I can't tell you if they meet your other requirements. But they've been the best I've found. I think I wore a 36 band when I first found them and for me that's thin. They don't show under my shirts either. I usually buy them when they have buy one get one sales. If I rotate which ones I wear (I aim to have 4) they last pretty well too. I need some new ones soon. Most of mine now are a year old. I also love their sports bras because they have hooks like a regular bra instead of trying to contort yourself into it.

I was thinking of this thread the other day when I decided to go through my kids summer clothing and see what I need to buy. I found good deals at several children's stores and I didn't go nuts. Now shoes...that's another story. But I haven't made any purchases yet. DD is moving into a womens 9 already but since she can't try them on I don't know how I'm going to go about making a good decision. I really don't want to buy 3 pairs and ship 1-2 back...

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the way you're all so confident in discussing sizes.
It's really nice to hear confidence from women. (I'm a C, but from age 40 to 50, now, gravity is at work, so I need the extra support.)

I need to go out in the next week and buy paper 'leaf bags'.
Great Value Paper Yard Waste Bags | Walmart Canada
Whoever invented the paper leaf bags is no doubt making tonnes of money.

(All the leaves did not fall here until late november, or may be december, then the snow came, covered the leaves, they froze, and didn't seem to break up into the ground. Now we have to go around, raking the yard, piling the leaves, and placing them in paper bags so they can be collected by the garbage department for compost.)

'Paper leaf bags' are definitely a 'questionable quarantine purchase'.
(Since all this should have been finished last year. Mother Nature and Weather is all mixed up.)
Where I live now, you just put leaves on the street and the street sweeper eventually comes around. I'll have to check our new town to see what they do.

I've been buying this generic white hot chocolate when I go to the grocery store. It's my treat aa it's still not too hot to enjoy it.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Where I live now, you just put leaves on the street and the street sweeper eventually comes around. I'll have to check our new town to see what they do.
Now that sounds like you live in an intelligent place, with an intelligent mayor or councillors.
(I have seen street sweepers, but not for leaves. We do have many street storm drains, sewer drains, so perhaps they are afraid that the leaves would plug up the drains. They always tell us to keep the drains clear before heavy rain days.)

It probably all has to do with money and efficiency, but your way sounds like the 'way of the future' with machines that roll out and do most of the work. That would be nice.
I've been buying this generic white hot chocolate when I go to the grocery store. It's my treat aa it's still not too hot to enjoy it.
'White hot chocolate'. Mmmm. I wonder how that would taste mixed in with a little decaf coffee. :drinking:

(When I run out of this Mocha coffee that I like, NESCAFÉ Sweet & Creamy Mocha, Instant Coffee Sachets, 18x22g (Pack of 6, 108 Cups): Amazon.ca: Grocery I then mix a tiny bit of some Nestle hot chocolate into decaf, for flavour.)
I'm going to see if I can find white hot chocolate on the next grocery run.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying NOT to make questionable quarantine purchases. Or any purchases. I have plenty of food and supplies, I don't need to go shopping. But I want to! I'll have to lock myself up this weekend so I don't go boredom shopping.
What exactly is 'boredom shopping'?? 🤷‍♀️
Is that when you go shopping 'without a list' and just randomly buy things?
Or is it when you go shopping and look for hours, but only buy one to three things, (like my cousin does, or used to.):doh:

(I don't really like shopping so only go when I have to, and only with a list. I do sometimes buy way more than I need but will probably use in the future, sales and such. Now with covid, I try to be in-and-out as fast as possible. And definitely not talk to anyone, except cashier with one word answers. "bags...yes...credit card...ok.")😷

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What exactly is 'boredom shopping'?? 🤷‍♀️
Is that when you go shopping 'without a list' and just randomly buy things?
Or is it when you go shopping and look for hours, but only buy one to three things, (like my cousin does, or used to.):doh:
Not really either of those---I always have a list, and manage to stick to it fairly well. But wandering around Costco looking at everything is fun for me. . .I don't get out much :lol: .

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
W Willowy Have you tried Layne Bryant? I prefer a wire; so I can't tell you if they meet your other requirements. But they've been the best I've found. I think I wore a 36 band when I first found them and for me that's thin. They don't show under my shirts either. I usually buy them when they have buy one get one sales. If I rotate which ones I wear (I aim to have 4) they last pretty well too. I need some new ones soon. Most of mine now are a year old. I also love their sports bras because they have hooks like a regular bra instead of trying to contort yourself into it.

I was thinking of this thread the other day when I decided to go through my kids summer clothing and see what I need to buy. I found good deals at several children's stores and I didn't go nuts. Now shoes...that's another story. But I haven't made any purchases yet. DD is moving into a womens 9 already but since she can't try them on I don't know how I'm going to go about making a good decision. I really don't want to buy 3 pairs and ship 1-2 back...
I second Layne Bryant...as someone who gained up top-these are the only ones that give me support but I need underwire. I bought mine on ebay either gently used or new without tags for around 12 to 15 each-I have a couple that are 2 years old-and they definitely hold up to washing and don't fade or elastic that would stretch..I am pleasantly surprised with how good these are, I used to buy vanity fair or Olga but they fall apart after 6 months..I can't do the walmart type-they itch or just don't fit right..but I have a larger diameter rib cage and muscular shoulders.. so it's harder to find proper fitting tops-hard to explain..

I have been buying too much junk food..kitkat and potato sticks. uggg. in March I bought a ton of cookies and snacks-like 5 or 6 types and Mr. J has eaten them up :lol2:

I also bought baking supplies in march-then bought premade snacks..duh...but I did make 2 batches of cookie mix but still didn't break open the flour yet...still buy some produce but lately been tossing it into back yard-a racoon or skunk must be eating it or woodchuck..I tossed out an entire cauliflower head that just started getting those brown spots-still good=just don't want it-the next day it was gone..so I have radishes and green peppers starting to show age-this weekend will toss it out there for them..

I need to go to the store to stock up on my diet coke-I been buying 6 to 8 bottles at a time so I don't need to run in every other day like I used to when life was normal.:argh:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All of this talk about Nancy Pelosi and her gourmet ice cream has got me wanting Jeni's ice cream. That is the pints that she had in her freezer. We have scoop shops and it is sold in the Supermarkets here. I went so far as to check on line with the Kroger I go to and they have 7 flavors including Darkest Chocolate. They are selling it for $7.99 a pint rather then $12.00. This could be dangerous when I go to the supermarket in the morning. If I give in that will definitely be my most questionable quarantine purchase.