What's your most questionable quarantine purchase?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
2 liters of outdoor wood stain in Dark Oak.
Well, I used all the wood stain and went to the hardware store for more stain, timber and cement blocks yesterday. (I've got a bit of a project on the go.)

Now I just need to find some outdoor paint in deep turquoise......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
When we bought our new(er) vehicle, we were only about 20 miles from our favorite winery. We called ahead to see if they were open, and they were but only for pick-ups, so we ordered 4 cases. Cheers!
I may have you beat by the time it all arrives. :lol: I think the UPS driver is getting concerned. :flail:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I used all the wood stain and went to the hardware store for more stain, timber and cement blocks yesterday. (I've got a bit of a project on the go.)

Now I just need to find some outdoor paint in deep turquoise......
I'm finding that the best way to get through this is to double my alcohol intake and stop wearing a bra.

:lol2:
Spoken like someone that has never had to wear a bra :lol:
I'm just dying to know what "project on the go" is ???
And if it involves the 'double the alcohol intake and stop wearing a bra' situation...then...umm...maybe it's better that we don't see the final results of the project. Just in case. Haha. :lol: :wink: :blush:

(sorry Norachan Norachan ...I couldn't resist. I know it's for comfort, and going bra-less is total comfort. :thumbsup:
Sort of like wearing pj's all day long.
They should now design pj's for outdoor wear, and I'd be into wearing that, too.):)

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For food? We have been ordering from Costco so just giant amounts of things like sardines and canned tuna. Questionable purchase- I bought a voice mod soundboard for online streaming etc. That was way out of character for how I typically spend, but both my husband and I will use it and we are stuck in for a while very likely.

And bras suck. Never wear bras!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
We're only supposed to go out for essential groceries and drugs/medications, now,...but I'm getting an urge to buy whiskey.
I don't drink whiskey, never have...probably would hate hard liquour...but because of all the Westworld episodes I've been binge watching...I suddenly want to have a shot.

Oh, boy,...television really is influencing my next 'questionable purchases'. :crazy: :headshake:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m a huge fan of Scotch myself. Thee are so many types and varieties! And if it’s too much, it’s still pretty bad-a$$ to make a Manhattan

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a lot of chocolate that we are both eating constantly. Definitely not a good idea. Also quarts of ice cream. I never eat ice cream, so why now.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm just dying to know what "project on the go" is ???
And if it involves the 'double the alcohol intake and stop wearing a bra' situation...then...umm...maybe it's better that we don't see the final results of the project. Just in case. Haha
Urgh, sorry I didn't mean to traumatize you like that.:hugs:

:insertevillaugh:

"The project" is about 75% done. Something to benefit both humans and kitties over the long hot summer of staying right here. And don't worry, when I'm outside working on it I make sure to wear sun block, a hat, gloves and boots. Some parts of it require the use of power tools and I'm very safety conscious, even if I'm not wearing a bra.

I think people only drink it neat to look tough or punish themselves
My Grandma used to give is cotton wool balls soaked in whiskey whenever we had toothache. I've never been able to associate whiskey with anything pleasurable.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, don't. Whiskey is terrible, lol. I think people only drink it neat to look tough or punish themselves ;).
Umm, okay. lol. It doesn't sound so appealing when you put it like that. :cringe: :blush:

Although, who knows.
Maybe the next advertisement saying, "Drink whiskey neat...if you want to look tough...and punish yourself"....would cause sales of whiskey to skyrocket. :spew:
It sounds more impressive than some of the stupid ads I've seen.

I just want a small taste. Not sure if they still sell those little tiny bottles, like they did on airplanes or hotel mini-bars, at the liquor stores.
I’m a huge fan of Scotch myself. Thee are so many types and varieties! And if it’s too much, it’s still pretty bad-a$$ to make a Manhattan
Whiskey and bourbon fan here, but I need a little ice in it. :lol: I love manhattans.
I never realized that there were "thousands" of different types and varieties.
Then you both go and mention 'mixed drinks' and my mind is now blown.

I better just stick to simple white wine with some ginger ale, then. :tongue:
Urgh, sorry I didn't mean to traumatize you like that.:hugs:

:insertevillaugh:

"The project" is about 75% done. Something to benefit both humans and kitties over the long hot summer of staying right here. And don't worry, when I'm outside working on it I make sure to wear sun block, a hat, gloves and boots. Some parts of it require the use of power tools and I'm very safety conscious, even if I'm not wearing a bra.
:biggrin:
No, not tramatized at all. :crackup:
I was too busy laughing at what @ NY cat man, @ KarenKat and @ marmoset posted.
I was more curious and intrigued.

Sounds like "the project" is going well.

I'll now turn my attention on to AbbysMom AbbysMom 's UPS driver's concerns...since I didn't get that joke at first.
I thought it had to do with heavy lifting, ...and not quantity. I was a bit confused. :crazy:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
a lot of chocolate that we are both eating constantly. Definitely not a good idea. Also quarts of ice cream. I never eat ice cream, so why now.
Ahhhh....ice cream is the best. :drool:
I usually only eat it in the summer, but on the last 'grocery run', two and a half weeks ago,...I just had to buy 'ice cream sandwiches'.
Yum.
Still have three left...but will definitely buy more this next grocery trip.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ahhhh....ice cream is the best. :drool:
I usually only eat it in the summer, but on the last 'grocery run', two and a half weeks ago,...I just had to buy 'ice cream sandwiches'.
Yum.
Still have three left...but will definitely buy more this next grocery trip.
I've been wanting the Carvel Flying Saucers. Publix has their ice cream cakes but not the FS. Ice Cream Sandwiches Near Me: Nearby Ice Cream Sanwiches

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been wanting the Carvel Flying Saucers. Publix has their ice cream cakes but not the FS. Ice Cream Sandwiches Near Me: Nearby Ice Cream Sanwiches
I don't think we have Carvel up here in Ontario, Canada. (I looked, after looking up your link...haha. Gawd, I'm so suggestible these days...just show me a photo, or description...and I want it. It's like I have no willpower anymore. :clover: :loveeyes: )
I just end up buying the regular vanilla ice cream sandwiches made by this canadian company called Chapman's.
Chapman's Supers - Ice Cream Cones, Sandwiches & Bars

Wow! Those Carvel Flying Saucer Ice Cream Sandwiches look amazing!
I really like their ad: "Out of this world... Let these delicious, chocolate cookie ice cream sandwiches transport you to Amazing Town."
I really, really want to be transported to "Amazing Town". :crackup:
:agree: