What's your most questionable quarantine purchase?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know, I couldn't really think of anything that was truly questionable. I asked Rick and he couldn't either. And then we remembered: chips, pretzels, soda, ice cream. Did we need those items? Nope. But we didn't know how long we were going to be in shelter and we wanted those items. Gotta get the important stuff. :paperbag:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Several months ago I discovered a new local roaster that has the absolute best coffee beans so yesterday DH and I took a ride to go to their store. It's only open for curbside service but I bought two bags of their dark roast beans. ☕ Although it's pricier than the beans I usually buy it's so worth it especially with a stay-at-home order in our state.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
My fiancé and I went to Lowes to grab emergency stuff in case of power loss - radio, flashlights, batteries etc. He kept saying we needed WD-40 but he wasn’t sure why.

He bought some just to get the idea out of his head. We shall be squeak-free during these trying times. :lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it would qualify as a quarantine purchase or not, but we bought a new(er) vehicle. Our old one was 14 years old and becoming a money pit, so we found one online, checked it out, and drove it home. A day later all the dealerships were ordered closed, so we would have been out of luck.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I stocked up on really really really, good coffee beans. From a roaster in Key West. Then to top that off, because so many stores are closing their doors because of the pandemic, my favorite coffee place in NYC (Gregory's) sent out care packages to their top tier customers of which apparently I'm one. Who knew? I got 2 pounds of beans in the mail and a fist full of their single serve coffee bags which are like tea bags. Between all that and the ground espresso we use for Cuban coffee AND the box load of Nespresso pods we have enough coffee here to last us for months. God forbid we should run out of good coffee!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing really questionable, but definitely stuff I should not have purchased like a bunch of cookies and candy.
Me too. The next time I go downstairs I am going to get my credit card and go online and order some See's candy and some peanut butter cookies I saw advertise on QVC. I also had my nephew pick up two six packs of Reese's peanut butter eggs that I have been craving.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Having read this thread,...I'm really craving chocolate and real coffee for some odd reason.
2 liters of outdoor wood stain in Dark Oak.

Because I'll need to stain some wood, right? Got to stop watching all those home improvement videos on YouTube.

:runaround:
:spew::crackup::lol: I have to stop watching those DIY home improvement t.v. shows, too.
I look around, ...and all I see is stuff I should 'improve'. Then I get tired from thinking about it.

*My most questionable purchase would be chips.
Not healthy, not nutritious.
I think I bought 3 huge, family-sized bags. (People must have thought that there was going to be a 'run on chips'. :disturbed: :paperbag:)

Last edited:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It looks like I may need more chocolate. Our governor just extended the stay at home order, originally to expire on April 12th. It ends April 30th. I haven't heard anything from work yet, but we were part of the first two orders, so I would think it appiles to us.

DH and I went to the grocery store today. I wore my mask, and saw about ten others wearing theirs---and no one looked at us strangely, either. (I needed to buy canned cat food again. I had ordered two batches at different online stores. One was cancelled, and the other's delivery date was pushed up to April 28th. I also feed 20+ ferals, and I have 12 of my own.) It was picked over in the store, but I managed to get some.)