What's your most questionable quarantine purchase?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I wore a 36 band when I first found them and for me that's thin.
I wear 38B. I always wear larger sizes than most people because I'm so tall.

I've been buying this generic white hot chocolate
Is it white chocolate? I want to try that in a cappuccino flavor because I read that it's not real chocolate, and I don't like mocha.

new without tags for around 12 to 15 each
I bought Fruit of the Loom & Hanes, they are usually around $10 or less. "Her Room" online store has great prices!

potato sticks
I used to put these on tossed salad! I should get some.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I second Layne Bryant...as someone who gained up top-these are the only ones that give me support but I need underwire.
Yeah that's the biggest problem---I think they assume anyone who's large needs underwire. But I can't. Every time I've tried an underwire, I want to throw it in the paper shredder after a couple of hours, and my ribs feel bruised for weeks afterward. It does look like LB has a wire-free seamless option up to H cup, so I'll have to try that when the mall opens up again (I hate buying bras online, unless it's a size and model I already know is right). Thanks for the tip!
still buy some produce but lately been tossing it into back yard-a racoon or skunk must be eating it or woodchuck..
I put all my food waste that the dogs don't get in a particular place in the treeline. . .I don't even know what eats it but it's always gone the next morning. They even took a squishy, sprouty raw potato. They don't like lemons though ;). And it takes a few days for wilted salad greens to go; I think the birds eat those. I should put a game camera out there to see who gets it.

The last time I was at Sam's Club, I bought a 5-pound bag of baby potatoes. I haven't used any of them yet, I really need to do something. Maybe stew beef and small potatoes? I don't have a roast. I saw a recipe for salt potatoes that looked good but I'm not sure I have enough salt.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I put all my food waste that the dogs don't get in a particular place in the treeline. . .I don't even know what eats it but it's always gone the next morning. They even took a squishy, sprouty raw potato. They don't like lemons though ;). And it takes a few days for wilted salad greens to go; I think the birds eat those. I should put a game camera out there to s
I bet the woodchucks been eating the lettuce. I saw two frolicking in the grass along the highway on my way home...they tend to eat anything that's veggie type-never tried lemons/oranges lol. If I remember-I usually toss them in the compost pile if it's really nasty then toss a few shovelfuls of dirt over it and let nature do it's thing..

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try the ones without underwire! Much more comfortable. I just bought 9 new pairs of underwear! They actually make me feel MORE comfortable than going commando. But I'm weird like that. You guys already knew that. :thumbsup:
I don't like the ones without underwire because they tend to roll up and not support all that well.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have definitely now made my most questionable purchase, two pints of Jeni's ice cream at $7.99 a pint. I hadn't intended on buying two pints. There were only two flavors that I could see, Brambleberry Crisp on one shelf and Salted Caramel on the top shelf. I got the Salted Caramel and when I did I saw one pint of a different flavor laying in the back and it was the Darkest Chocolate. I ended up with one of each. They are full pints not what I call cheaters pints, 12 or 14 ounces and look like a pint container. That is still a ridiculous price for me anyway. Their normal price is $12 a pint.

scarlettleia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's a tough one. I'm currently toying with an overground swimming pool for our adult-only 30y/o household.
Otherwise... 15 litres of red wine? A giant gold lion statue? Six pairs of crushed velvet gold curtains to make a giant canopy for the bed from! It's all getting a bit much :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this counts, but I bought it as things were starting to get more serious in Korea: It's a $200 cabinet with glass doors that I bought to put my action figures in because otherwise Puar will destroy them. The thing is...I bought it in February...It's almost May and it has been sitting in pieces on my floor...I just...haven't...put it together...I'm hoping with the 3 holidays I have this week and next that I can gather the motivation/strength to FINALLY put it together.

Ugh it was so dumb though. It cost $40 just for shipping and the delivery company left it at the front of the building, not even bringing it up to my door (4th floor, with elevator). It just so happened that my parents had come through Seoul on a layover that day and brought my record collection, which included a small dolly that was immediately useful in moving the unmade cabinet. THE WORST PART THOUGH is that I recently discovered that the online marketplace I bought it from has a brick and mortar shop in my general area. I COULD HAVE BOUGHT ONE ALREADY MADE. 😭

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
THE WORST PART THOUGH is that I recently discovered that the online marketplace I bought it from has a brick and mortar shop in my general area. I COULD HAVE BOUGHT ONE ALREADY MADE
But it wouldn't have been as much fun. The best part about buying things for your house is putting them together by yourself.

And then painting them lilac or turquoise. Maybe that's just me. Seriously, my place is starting to look like a Disney princess castle, which is why I'm so interested in scarlettleia scarlettleia gold lion statue and velvet curtain canopy. So as I feel that I'm not the only one.

:lol2:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
But it wouldn't have been as much fun. The best part about buying things for your house is putting them together by yourself.

And then painting them lilac or turquoise. Maybe that's just me. Seriously, my place is starting to look like a Disney princess castle, which is why I'm so interested in scarlettleia scarlettleia gold lion statue and velvet curtain canopy. So as I feel that I'm not the only one.

:lol2:
typically I'd agree with you, I have other shelves and things that I had to put together that are now painted and covered in stickers and such, but I dunno, I saw the instructions and saw that it included glue and for some reason I was like "that's going too far." lol Everything else has been of the screw and screwdriver variety.

Also it's the first piece of DIY furniture since Puar's arrival in the tiny space (the floor plan is 200sq/ft not including the loft which is about half that size) and just the thought of having to push him out of the way every two seconds seems...taxing. haha it's so silly, I have to bring all of the stuff up into the little loft area first and about a month and a half ago, I brought up two pieces...only two pieces...haven't brought up any other pieces since but hey, at least I know it fits where I intend it to go (the ceiling height in the loft area is only about 3 feet)

I fully intend to do a deep clean over the holiday! I swear! Make me promise to send pictures of the completed cabinet, if I know I have to present a finished project, I'll actually do it! haha

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I fully intend to do a deep clean over the holiday! I swear! Make me promise to send pictures of the completed cabinet, if I know I have to present a finished project, I'll actually do it! haha
You're on! I have a project on the go myself at the moment, so we can both post pictures.

What is the holiday in Korea? In Japan we have Golden Week from the 2nd to the 6th, do they have the same thing where you are?

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You're on! I have a project on the go myself at the moment, so we can both post pictures.

What is the holiday in Korea? In Japan we have Golden Week from the 2nd to the 6th, do they have the same thing where you are?
Ok! #challengeaccepted haha

Hmm, not quite the same!
We have Buddha's Birthday on April 30th, Labor Day on May 1st, and Children's Day on May 5th. Any other country would give us a six day holiday, but we'll all be at work on May 4th! 😭

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't purchase but I collected leftover cardboard box from the supermarket. They leave it outside when they bring new stocks. In few minutes these are gone we have street collectors who make a living on these. So I successfully got this huge box, brought it home holding with the tip of my 2 fingers, immediately putting it in my tiny balcony, waiting couple of days to have it covid free.
Reason for being minish of course. I wanted to make a DIY whack a mole for cats.
What I didn't plan on was cat+cardboard=instant gratification! Before the box was properly disinfected, minish rubbed herself all over it!
Well too late.. And she liked it so much that instead I made an instant toy. 3 holes and she's having crazy fun also sleeping in it.
But I'm determined I will make that whack. A. Mole:livid:

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this fits here as toilet paper is considered by most people,essential. But, I am seriously doubting whether or not I made a smart purchase. I was on Amazon at 3 AM last night and I searched toilet paper, without any real hope. To my total shock, a listing shipped and sold by Amazon for 3 packs of Quilted Northern Supreme 8 Rolls, 340 sheets each (24 Total Rolls) was available for $27. I jumped at it and checked out in under a minute. 2 hours later, the listing was unavailable. . . So I feel pretty lucky. My problem is $27 is a big deal for me and now that I am wondering if I overpaid or just made a stupid purchase. Yet, at the same time, I have not seen toilet paper in my local grocery store for 2 months . . . I guess I am just looking for someone to tell me if I made a mistake. I can still cancel the order, but obviously once I do, I can't reorder. It is set to arrive on May 5th. I just can't wrap my head around spending almost $30 on toilet paper. Strange times we are in, no?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just can't wrap my head around spending almost $30 on toilet paper.
Well, it's not like it's going to go to waste. You won't have to buy any more for several months, right? I always buy in bulk so I'm used to it, but I can see how it can be a shock for those who don't. But I think that was a good purchase :).