What's your most questionable quarantine purchase?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peanut butter - should we have a discussion about creamy vs crunchy? We might need a separate thread for this, with recipes!

I like a sandwich of peanut butter, shredded carrot, and raisins.

As a child did you ever have "ants on a log"? Celery stick with the hollow filled with peanut butter and a line of raisins.

And there's always satay - Indonesian skewered and grilled meat, served with a peanut sauce.
I've always loved the crunch to snack on or sandwiches. But smooth is better for use in cooking.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spices! I bought extra cloves, pepper, cinnamon and a few other spices. Lol I thought I would be cooking a lot more but..... now we can’t get much to cook from scratch. I will say it has helped the canned goods I am having to eat! Lol I have enough cloves for the next two years! I bought extra cat toys too. ( like they don’t have a bin full now!)

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Very true! It's the natural kind too, which I like. I might have to bust out the toaster tomorrow and have some peanut butter on toast as a snack. :yummy:
:hellocomputer:Ok this sounds really gross now that I'm 'grown up' but I use to love peanut butter and Miracle Whip on toast cut diagonally and dipped in split pea soup.
Anyone else wonder why in the heck they upped crunchy to Super crunchy? I like crunchy but super is just too much, I mix it with smooth nowadays.:bunny: Happy Easter everybody. :dancingblackcat:Stay safe, stay sane and stay strong.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
The 2 pounds of belgian dark chocolate "Sounds like a perfectly reasonable purchase"....but the nike running shoes don't??:walk::crackup:
:dunno: :wink: :lol:

Ohhh....I so want some peanut butter with jam on toast, now.
Peanut butter with chocolate, peanut butter with honey on toast, peanut butter with bananas.
Peanut butter is great with everything.:yummy: :drool:
And peanut butter on apples! Yum.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellocomputer:Ok this sounds really gross now that I'm 'grown up' but I use to love peanut butter and Miracle Whip on toast cut diagonally and dipped in split pea soup.
Anyone else wonder why in the heck they upped crunchy to Super crunchy? I like crunchy but super is just too much, I mix it with smooth nowadays.:bunny: Happy Easter everybody. :dancingblackcat:Stay safe, stay sane and stay strong.
My sister-in-law, when she was pregnant, craved turkey, peanut butter, mayonnaise, mustard and dill pickle sandwiches. So, yours is believable!

And I love peanut butter and honeybutter sandwiches- honey mixed with butter. My grandma made honeybutter.

Last edited:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I was younger, I used to mix equal parts butter and peanut butter, melt it in the microwave and dip popcorn into it.

..... and saying it, I kind of want some right now.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just placed an order at Target. I needed more allergy medicine. I would have ordered from Walgreens since shipping is free but they didn't have the allergy medicine I need. I added non-essential extras to my Target to get the free shipping: face moisturizer, cotton swabs, and Dove chocolates. Ok, the chocolates are essential to me :biggrin:

Last edited:

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
´ ~ I just want a few rolls of paper towels and toilet tissue . What are people doing with this ... ?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
´ ~ I just want a few rolls of paper towels and toilet tissue . What are people doing with this ... ?
Try the suggestions in this thread for ways to get toilet paper and paper towels:

I found both at the supermarket this past weekend. It was a couple packages of toilet paper and a bit more of paper towels. I snagged a pack of toilet paper. It helps to go as soon as the store opens to the general public. Or send an elderly neighbor, relative, etc to the store during senior hours to get toilet paper and paper towels for you.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After filling my kid's Easter baskets I'm changing my answer to Easter Candy and little toys (like Silly Putty and some craft things). Both kids needed 2 baskets... :paperbag: