What's Your Favorite Tica Or Cfa Registered Breed Of Cat?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Although Persian tops the list I also could be tempted by a Maine Coon, Birman or Siberian.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I have loved my Siberians. So much loving personality! But there are so many cat breeds that I have no experience with. But for now, Siberians. :redheartpump:

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know if I could pick one favorite breed... If I had to pick a favorite maybe the Turkish Van. I like the history and myth behind how they got their coloring and the fact that they like the water is cool.
That attraction to water can be expensive.

I had a pair of altered Turkish Vans.
Erissa had a high feline IQ.
When she was about two, she got bored several times and wanted to play with the water. Erissa turned on the guest bathroom sink. She searched the house, found some wash cloths and plastic bags. Erissa then used her finds to block off the drain. Then she enjoyed the water cascading over the tile onto the floor and out onto the wood floors. This routine repeated a few times until I removed the handles on the faucets in that bathroom.

My life became a little simpler and little bit more boring when I lost the perpetrator.
I did put the handles back on after I lost her at 15 1/2.
Yes, she needs to be bushed in this image.
Erissa_softlight_500H.jpg

Last edited:

hortusgirlii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maine Coon is at the top of the list for both myself and my husband.
Several more but the MC is the only one we are seriously considering to add to our family sometime in the future.
Wow, this thread is a bit old but someone responded again so I'm updating!

Happy to say we added a Maine Coon to our home a year after I wrote the post above. Luna Moonshadow arrived at 16 weeks old in September 2019 and she's now a little over 1-1/2. Can't believe how time has flown.

And, we are on a list for another Maine Coon from a different breeder we contacted well before we got Luna. It should have happened already but their breeding program got slowed down due to the pandemic.

We love having Luna with us, she's quite unique in behavior than any other cat my husband and I have had in our lives.

luna for cat site 2.jpg