Whats your favorite purebred cat?

linawaary

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Absolutely in love with Maine Coon cats! Especially when they grow to be huge, definitely want one when I have the chance!
I also really like the Sphynx cats oddly enough. They're strange looking things and I guess that has an appeal...

tuxedoontheloos

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After briefly fostering a probably siamese cross I've decided that my next cat will be an oriental of some sort. Such a beautiful animal. Not really a breed, but I've also loved red pointed cats since I was twelve years old.

ladybellac17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! I love all cats but since i rescued my Mishu and discovered shes a maine coon ive fallen in love with the breed. I love their tuffs of hair and all the long lair they have. Love their looks that makes them look like wild cats. See my girls pics on my profile.

missycab

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here in Argentina, especially when you don't live in Buenos Aires, is really difficult to find any breed other than siamese. I know now a breeder of bengal cats. But here you won't find any other breeds easily.

Having said that, I love siamese cats. I had one that died in February (my lovely Figaro), and now my parents have a baby girl.

And I'd love to see someday a Maine Coon. They are so big!! And second in that wish list is an Egyptian Mau, just because they look so exotic.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd never spend money on a purebreed ( although I have nothing against anyone who does.  ALL cats deserve homes). 

Even if I had big money to spend on an exotic type breed cat, I'd still go to a local shelter and adopt one and then donate the money I didn't spend at a breeder so they can help more cats

That being said... favorite purebreed just to look at or if one happened to be at a shelter or rescue? Oh that's tough. If I had a gun to my head, I'd still beg to pick at least 3 and they would be (in no particular order though)

Sphynx - there's something about them. They are so exotically beautiful. I find their beauty almost hypnotic. 

Russian Blue- I  adore blue/gray cats and they have such gorgeous coats and charming faces

Savannah- I love their looks and size. they also have the "exotic" thing going for them

Persians are a given with me as I have 2 so I don't have to include them on the list but if they happen to look over my shoulder and see this, they can't be mad because I didn't mention them. I also of course adore the DSH as I have one of those also but Henry's not yet the diva his sisters are so he's not quite as sensitive.  

Edited to add... OK I lied. I want 4. I would love to have a British Shorthair too. They are so teddy bear like and cuddly and adorable. 

Last edited:

ladybellac17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maine coon cats are very sweet and they love to talk and they have all these long hair is coming out of in between their paws which I think is very cute and they have these little tufts of hair is growing out of the top of that your summer tall summer medium on short my cats him it's a little bit on the short side and my cat calls me hello why I don't know but I rescued her this January him she was very sick homeless for many years . So now we him now we are feeling better because she was sick and ended up having a tow to be amputated and had I not taken her and she would've lost her life you know within a months her infection was pretty bad about to go sepsis now we are great and she's growing all her hair back and she's happy and healthy and Maine Coons just have a very sweet disposition and they like to be in the middle of the family drama and they love to talk . Check out my the pictures of my cat on my profile

picklespepper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I think I love domestic short hairs the best.  There is so much variety.   And I could never-ever afford a purebred and there really aren't any catteries even within a 10 hour's drive--of any breed.   I can't even find backyard breeders on kijiji.  But if I had the time and resources to fly out to any cattery there are some breeds I wouldn't mind owning.

1) Russian Blues.  

2)Abyssian

3)Savannah

4)Ragdoll

5)Siamese - seal point

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
#1 is Persian (of course!)

Exotic

Siberian

Maine Coon

Norwegian Forest Cat

Russian Blue

Korat

Burmese

Singapura

Abby

Some of these breeds I love the look of, but would never own since they are to high energy. They are like having a perpetual toddler in the house. I like my lazy cats.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Some of these breeds I love the look of, but would never own since they are to high energy. They are like having a perpetual toddler in the house. I like my lazy cats.

I have an Aby and he's definitley high energy. I swear he never ever sleeps
And yes, it's like living with a toddler. He just turned 5 but stuck in the "terrible twos"

Not all Abys are high energy. There's a local somewhat famous Aby who's a great therapy cat and he enjoys walks and riding in his stroller. According to the owner the Aby is really laid back but does get "crazies" once in awhile and goes scaling up the wall cat shelves at home.

picklespepper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I personally love the crazy cats.  They are so interesting and give you very funny stories to tell.  But all the crazy cats I've had in the past were also kind of evil (once again, loved that about them!) but they terrified my guests and were vicious to my children.  Maybe once I'm an empty nester I will be able to get one again.  When I was a teen my best friend had a Russian Blue cross they got for free (her parents were friends with the breeder) and he was so prowly and awesome but kind of crazy.  I've been in love with Russian Blues ever since.

the cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Definitely, TOP 1 for me is Main Coon Breed;) Amazzzzing !!!! 

charliana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I like big cats,  so I would get a:

1.  Siberian

2.  Maine Coon

3.  Ragdoll

I also like these

4.  Bengal

5.  Savannah

6.  Chaussie

7. Ocicat

8. Eqyptian Mau

I would probably never have room for one because stray cats usually come find me.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Norwegian Forest Cat
Mainecoon
Ragdoll
Turkish Angora
Himalayan
Doll faced persian

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

#1 is Persian (of course!)

Exotic

Siberian

Maine Coon

Norwegian Forest Cat

Russian Blue

Korat

Burmese

Singapura

Abby

I need to add Burmilla (especially the long haired ones.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
All of our cats have been rescues, we are partial to the longhairs and Persians, as well as:

Exotic, Ragdoll, Maine Coon, Norwegian Forest and Siberian

Our most recent adoption is this sweet and lovable ball of fur rescued from a terrible hoarder.

kittygirl321

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love all kitties-
But among purebred
Siamese
Russian Blue
Bengal
Snowshoe
Burmese
Tonkinese

Last edited:

wasabii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My absolute most favorite breed of cat are Ragdolls and I do hope to own one someday. :)  I also really love doll faced Persians and Bengals, as well as the Egyptian Mau. But really, all cats are so purdy, can I just have them all. 

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have had a beautiful Siamese female named Piki, who slept with me, talked all day and followed me around. She died a few years ago and she is still sorely missed,she was the only pure breed I have had. As for my other favorites they are Angoras. I would love to own a Lavender Angora,or a Chestnut, or any color they are so beautiful. I also love Javanese,Turkish Van,Main Coon,Norwegian Forest,Somali,any Tortoiseshell,Calico, Snowshoe, Russian Blue, Savanna,Sphynx Abyssinian,Ocicat,Bengal,Cornish Rex,lets just say if I see a cat I am captivated. I now have three domestic short haired cats that are the love of my life.A Tuxedo, Torti Cali short tail, and a Tabby cat,