what's your favorite cat litter?

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that the weather is getting warm and humid, I need to change litter again.  We use worlds best cat litter, we can flush it and my pet store sells it for 6 bucks.  But it smells and doesn't dry out and down right Stinks.

In researching all the ABOVE recommendations, I went on Amazon to check various prices and availability.  Then noticed the BELOW....

USED????How are they selling USED LITTER, What the whaaaaaaaaaa??????  lolololol...  I think I'll purchase in person.  I'm looking into the Practicat that was recommended, provided the shipping doesn't out price the actual cost and availability to the U.S.

dorimon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amazon sells damaged/defective items through its Warehouse Deals, and the items are all tagged as "used" even if they've never been opened or used.  I've purchased many "used" Items from Amazon before, and never had an issue.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Amazon sells damaged/defective items through its Warehouse Deals, and the items are all tagged as "used" even if they've never been opened or used.  I've purchased many "used" Items from Amazon before, and never had an issue.
I just saw used and thought it was funny.  It didn't cross my mind it could be a damaged container. LOL  I like Amazon too and use them a lot, but the used cat litter tickled my funny bone.

dorimon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I just saw used and thought it was funny.  It didn't cross my mind it could be a damaged container. LOL  I like Amazon too and use them a lot, but the used cat litter tickled my funny bone.
LOL I agree.  They should definitely change the wording. 
  I think I've seen "Used - Like New" food items before...... I wonder who would buy that when it is advertised in that way!!  Even I would pass.

I've purchased "used" Nature's Miracle before.  I couldn't really find anything wrong with the item or its packaging.  I think that if they get a return for certain departments, they restock the items as "used."

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Over the years I have found that all of our cats have used Woolworth's 'Cat Litter', made of clay pellets, without any problems.  It is made of non-clumping clay and has the advantage of being much cheaper than any other litter.  Our current, and last, cat Sukie went straight to this litter as an 8 week old kitten and is still using it after fifteen months.

reversedpolarit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
At the moment I'm using Bio Catolet (which is paper) mixed with some cheap non-clumping stuff to bulk it out a bit.

majenta mynx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We currently use the Tesco Value non clumping stuff as that's what their previous owner was using. I used to use it for my older girls when they were still alive and used it most of their lives. It's cheap n cheerful and does the job. I change the litter and clean the boxes (they're using 2 littler boxes at the moment) twice a week and scoop out any turds as soon as the kittens do them and their pee gets absorbed somewhat by the litter so it's easy enough to keep smell free :) 

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the new fresh step with febreeze in it is the bombdiggity when it comes to odor control! we have tried many many brands and this is THE best! it is quite dusty but that's the only negative. and it does have a fragrance to it which is mild and smells really good but if you have cats that prefer odorless then they might not like this but all 6 of mine plus 1 foster like it.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use Fresh Step Extreme non clumping. It keeps the odor under control. I like it because it doesn't stick to the plastic litter box, and for me it is easy to clean. I wash out the box once a week, and scoop every time it is soiled.I then add more litter to keep it fresh and clean.

skidmoresusan3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have multiple cats. I use Arm and Hammer Double Duty. Or the unscented Multi Cat by same company. I don't understand how scented cat litter sells! NONE of mine will use it. Floral scented kitties waste? Eeuwww

crica

Skeptic
Young Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know there are a lot of caregivers out there who will disagree, but having lived with cats almost all my life, and having read extensively on the subject of substrate, we're loyal users of scoopable clay litter, and our favorite brand is Drs. Foster & Smith/Petco "So PHresh" in the 30-pound buckets.  I used to refill these myself at Petco, but having switched to the much more convenient auto-delivery from Drs.FosterSmith.com, I just recycle the buckets.  For five "mature" lady cats, we use about 1 bucket per week.  A lot of experts say cats prefer substrate to have the texture of coarse sand, with no added perfumes.  This meets those requirements.

happypet6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use a mixture of Dr Elseys precious cat litter and tidy cats for multi cat households. We have 13 inside kitties and 7 huge litter boxes (actually gigantic rubbermaid storage containers), so we use a tremendous amount of litter. Dr Elseys is dust free, but mixing it is cheaper and almost as good. Hope this helps.

sparrow1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you like pine litter what about tidy pines? I mix it with Swheat scoop and both clump very well together or separate.

jessie gray

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I absolutely love corn-based Worlds Best Cat Litter.  It has been the only one so far that I can find that doesn't make my apartment smell.  It also doesn't stick to the cat box and its flushable.  My cats think its just like regular scoopable litter, so it was very easy to switch them to this kind.  I usually get the multiple cat formula, because their scented litters irritate my sinuses. 

Jessie

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm still using Arm & Hammer naturals double duty. It's corn based and it might be because I only have the one cat, but I put it to the test awhile back and didn't scoop for two days, and still no smell at all. It has a light fresh scent but it's nothing that spreads through the house like some other litters. My girl loves it and she's never had any problems with it. It also lasts a super long time for me, I only need one bag per month.

donnam41uk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello.
This is my 1st time on this site and I'm looking for a little advice if possible please.
I have a 5 year old cat which has been diagnosed with feline asthma.
I'm wondering what dust free clumping cat litter would be best. I have tried several claiming to be dust free but that has not been the case.
I am in the U.K.
Any recommendations would be greatful.

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello.
This is my 1st time on this site and I'm looking for a little advice if possible please.
I have a 5 year old cat which has been diagnosed with feline asthma.
I'm wondering what dust free clumping cat litter would be best. I have tried several claiming to be dust free but that has not been the case.
I am in the U.K.
Any recommendations would be greatful.
Anything corn based or wheat based would be your best bet, avoid clay if at all possible because it's the worst for dust. "Worlds best cat litter" is something that I know you can order online and it is corn based.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anything corn based or wheat based would be your best bet, avoid clay if at all possible because it's the worst for dust. "Worlds best cat litter" is something that I know you can order online and it is corn based.
I'd give Swheat Scoop a try before World's Best. I used WBCL for a while found that while dust was not an issue, it doesn't clump that well and odor control is almost non-existent 

http://www.swheatscoop.com/