What's the Weather and Temperature like where you live ? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
We're in a heatwave.. it doesn't seem extreme (35C , 95F) but the humidity is just ghastly. No way I can work in the garden, except at dawn and dusk when the bitey insects are at their worst. :(

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey mani mani , try those cheap rubber 'bracelets' they sell that are impregnated with citronella, etc. Mine are called Bite Me Not. I kept being bothered by those almost invisible gnats that drive you crazy and mosquitos, but they didn't come around wearing these.
Our weather is looking up here in Nebraska. Highs all week in the 40's after 30's, 20's and worse. The nights are so bad though, right now it is only 10, though better then around zero like it has been. Our snow, 10 inches a while back, is slowing sinking. I feel so sorry for our outside tribe, they don't even leave their heated beds on the windy days. But even with that, it has to be cold.....

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hey mani mani , try those cheap rubber 'bracelets' they sell that are impregnated with citronella, etc. Mine are called Bite Me Not. I kept being bothered by those almost invisible gnats that drive you crazy and mosquitos, but they didn't come around wearing these.
Honestly, nothing like that works. They just laugh at anything with citronella, tea tree oil etc. I usually have to use the heavy duty stuff. And cover up, which doesn't work in this heat. They love me. :(

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm glad I'm off today so I can stay inside and keep warm.
It's -29C with a wind chill of -42C. :cold: But good news!!! It's supposed to climb to -25C with a wind chill of only -35C this afternoon! ;)

The real good news...it's supposed to warm up by tomorrow afternoon...going to -10 or so, with a wind chill of -15ish.

Last edited:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're in a heatwave.. it doesn't seem extreme (35C , 95F) but the humidity is just ghastly. No way I can work in the garden, except at dawn and dusk when the bitey insects are at their worst. :(
My sister in southern Queensland said the same, it’s oppressively hot and humid where she is, too.

It rained all night here!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
-20F w/windchill here this morning and 9F temperature now - afraid to see my gas bill next month. :eek:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
17 degrees and sunny. It's suppose to warm up next week. Since I'm retired I hope we get a foot or 2 of snow before spring gets here. It's so pretty and cozy inside and I don't have to drive or shovel a driveway.

catlikesbusiness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm glad I'm off today so I can stay inside and keep warm.
It's -29C with a wind chill of -42C. :cold: But good news!!! It's supposed to climb to -25C with a wind chill of only -35C this afternoon! ;)

The real good news...it's supposed to warm up by tomorrow afternoon...going to -10 or so, with a wind chill of -15ish.
I don't think I've ever experienced such a low temperature :cold: Where you are from?

Status
Not open for further replies.