What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mighty Orange Mighty Orange oh gosh ... are you keeping warm down there ?
Had to work today that means I was outside. I had several layers of clothes on and all skin covered. With the wind we were at -30 wind chill. Oh well thats Ohio. This year. Been a few years since we were this cold.
Only worked 1/2 a day so I'm very happy.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we came out of the storm "almost" unscathed. (more on that later) Temps stayed "warm", winds were almost nil, decent amount of snow, but the plows have already gone by and the roads are drivable...just be cautious. No power outages either.
However.....My husband parked the van too far over on the side of the road when he did the driveway and got stuck in the soft snow at the edge of the ditch...He got himself out but backed up too far and hooked the back tire over the cement barrier at the edge of the other side of the driveway where it goes into the ditch. He couldn't back up to get a running start because he would have been hanging over the ditch, but he couldn't move forward because he couldn't get enough traction to pull himself over the cement wall/barrier (the cement that's at each end of the culvert of our driveway). So we get some cat litter for extra traction...it works a tad, but not enough. So I go around back to push the van and we work to rock it a bit to get it over the 3 inch hump. And on the third or fourth try we get it....well...I get it, considering I was doing the pushing! lol! As he's yelling thank you out of the window, I loose my footing and wipe out pretty hard. What does my husband do? Laughs his butt off and tells me that was great cuz he saw the whole thing happen from the rear view!!! :censored: arse! :lol: I'm fine though...

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Total contrast today, started dull but now, late in the day, it’s sunny and mild and fresh and 19C - perfect!

Supposed to be raining and 31 on Wednesday though, blerrrrrrrk! Don’t need Queensland weather!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am in Central Ohio, and it is 0 degrees F with a windchill of -6 which is better than yesterday. It is supposed to be 50 by Wednesday and close to 60 by the end of the week. My car battery was 4 years old so I got it replaced this past Wednesday. I went out yesterday afternoon, started the car and let it run for 30 minutes. My car sits outside so when it is this cold it's always iffy whether a car will start when it is this cold.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8°F, snowing, 30 to 40mph winds with gusts near 60. Visibility is near zero and a driving ban is in place until 7a.m. tomorrow- which a few idiots are violating, to their sorrow.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We didn't get a large amount of snow; everything is covered but not a large amount. I am in Central Ohio, so we don't get the lake effect snow. We actually tend to get the big snows here when they come up from the South.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in Central Ohio, and it is 0 degrees F with a windchill of -6 which is better than yesterday. It is supposed to be 50 by Wednesday and close to 60 by the end of the week. My car battery was 4 years old so I got it replaced this past Wednesday. I went out yesterday afternoon, started the car and let it run for 30 minutes. My car sits outside so when it is this cold it's always iffy whether a car will start when it is this cold.
Yes taking Battery precautions is a good idea. I had my older car in for service the end of November . Had the dealer replace the 5.5 yr old original battery. Why take chances.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in western New Jersey it is clear blue skies and somewhat windy.

When I got up at 2:30 a.m. to put more wood in the stove it was 6 degrees Fahrenheit outside the front door, 4.5 degrees F on the roof (according to my weather station. I assure you that A) I don't go up there any more, at any season and B) wouldn't want to risk startling Santa and the reindeer.)

It is currently, 11:15 a.m. 8.6 degrees F. on the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.