What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
11 degrees Fahrenheit with a feels like temperature of -4 —— and our furnace broke. They can’t fix it until Monday. Christmas Day the high is going to be 26. I went and bought hubby an electric blanket since he is bed bound. We have a wood stove though so I get to get up and down all night feeding it. Merry Christmas to me and my wallet for the repair! Bah humbug!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
11 degrees Fahrenheit with a feels like temperature of -4 —— and our furnace broke. They can’t fix it until Monday. Christmas Day the high is going to be 26. I went and bought hubby an electric blanket since he is bed bound. We have a wood stove though so I get to get up and down all night feeding it. Merry Christmas to me and my wallet for the repair! Bah humbug!
I am so sorry. This is the worst time for this to happen, a brutal cold snap and Christmas. I can imagine it being a pain to tend to a wood stove but it would be far worse without it.

We got a notice about conserving energy through tomorrow to avoid rolling blackouts. The grid we are on covers 13 states and D.C. Most of the stores are closing about now and will be closed until Monday morning that should take a lot off of the grid and this bitter cold is supposed to break Monday.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
11 degrees Fahrenheit with a feels like temperature of -4 —— and our furnace broke. They can’t fix it until Monday.
You have my heartfelt sympathies. 🤗 I remember when our furnace broke during a polar vortex on New Year's Eve and, like you, we couldn't get anyone out until after New Year's Day. We ended up having to go to a nearby hotel with Carleton. I sincerely hope you get the furnace repaired and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you have the electric blanket and the wood stove.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1671953421724.png

This is really cold for these parts. I know everyone else is doing this right now :rolleyes:

It's supposed be 83 f here on New Year's Day according to the 10 day forecast. :headshake:

1671953763061.png

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s filthy hot today, 36.1C (96.8F) and only going down to 21C (69.8F) overnight. Which will not be pleasant with the cats sleeping on my bed! Keeping the AC on isn’t an option either, the stupid thing is placed right over the bed (there’s no way to rearrange things, the room is too small) and sleeping in a draft ain’t happening.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s filthy hot today, 36.1C (96.8F) and only going down to 21C (69.8F) overnight. Which will not be pleasant with the cats sleeping on my bed! Keeping the AC on isn’t an option either, the stupid thing is placed right over the bed (there’s no way to rearrange things, the room is too small) and sleeping in a draft ain’t happening.
I would be more than happy to exchange weather temperatures with you. As it is currently -19C here tonight. -2F.

Last edited:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always say I wish international temperature exchange was possible! Be great to trade some heat for some cold.
My DW is abroad this Christmas Season visiting siblings. On more than one Skype session she's commented how awfully hot it is there. The average temperature there is 30C. The family home has only one small Airconditioning unit. I suggested that she enjoy the weather there as when she returns home she likely will be freezing.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DW is abroad this Christmas Season visiting siblings. On more than one Skype session she's commented how awfully hot it is there. The average temperature there is 30C. The family home has only one small Airconditioning unit. I suggested that she enjoy the weather there as when she returns home she likely will be freezing.
One extreme to the other, aagh!

Worst temperatures I’ve ever known were in the week leading up to the Boack Saturday bushfires in 2009. It was over 40C for a week, and hit 43 iirc. I remember walking from the train one day and it felt like I had my arms in an oven, the air was so hot and dry. Our vet said they had a lot of animals in on saline drips because of heat exhaustion - these were healthy animals, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.