What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in Orlando, Florida, where it's currently 61 degrees at 11:30 am. However, the overnight low tomorrow is going to be 31 degrees, and the high on Saturday is going to be 47 degrees! The overnight low on Saturday is forecasted to be only thirty degrees. I realize that compared to the rest of the nation those temperatures seem almost balmy, but for Central Florida they are COLD! Personally, though, I love the colder weather. I just worry about the ferals and strays.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In case anyone is wondering how you dress to spend 40 minutes outside at 10 below. Wool socks over regular socks, fleece leggings under jeans, sweatshirt over fleece shirt, neck scarf that can pull up over my lower face, sub zero parka, sub zero boots, sheepskin lined mittens, hat, parka hood. You aren’t exactly nimble dressed this way but you do stay warm.
Reminds me of little kids in snowsuits...you could pick them up by the suit and they don't move. LOL.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
the overnight low tomorrow is going to be 31 degrees, and the high on Saturday is going to be 47 degrees!
When I ran outdoors all year round that used to be perfect running weather for me. :biggrin:

The temp. is 3F now but sub-zero overnight with more snow and gusty winds. On the news earlier they told people to stay off the roads tomorrow. I'm just praying there aren't any power outages. 🙏

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I ran outdoors all year round that used to be perfect running weather for me. :biggrin:

The temp. is 3F now but sub-zero overnight with more snow and gusty winds. On the news earlier they told people to stay off the roads tomorrow. I'm just praying there aren't any power outages. 🙏
In the last hour, it's gone down to 0 F. -8 F is forecast. There's no traffic in my area, so I guess people are listening.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! I need to move to Florida! In Houston it's 22 low 13. Sucks
Yeah. I heard that it was going to get cold there. :cold:

It's supposed to get into the low 50's here over the weekend and people are panicking. :lol:

I say any day I can leave the AC off and open the windows is a good one. The girls are loving the cooler temperatures. They go out into the screen room more often.

This is our forecast through 12/31

1671780284213.png

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we got a dumping of snow last night...looking out the window, it's not so bad...I'd say not quite 10cm...but close. However, it's currently snowing and supposed to keep it up all day. We may get another 20cm today. It's only -1C (-6C with wind chill) right now and won't drop much more...supposed to go down to -8C (-16 wind chill) tomorrow. The winds are quite calm, may get some gusts in the mid 30s (km/h)...There was a chance of freezing rain last night...not sure if it happened, so the roads could be slick this morning if there's ice under the snow. I hope people stay safe on the roads.
Overall this "mammoth, once in a generation" storm is being very kind to my region. So far, it's not much different than the storms we usually get a couple times a year, so I know we are quite equipped to handle it.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. I heard that it was going to get cold there. :cold:

It's supposed to get into the low 50's here over the weekend and people are panicking. :lol:

I say any day I can leave the AC off and open the windows is a good one. The girls are loving the cooler temperatures. They go out into the screen room more often.

This is our forecast through 12/31

View attachment 439263
Or live where you do. Right now low 18 high 34
My oldest sis lives in Alaska. No surprise she comes here at christmas. My 5th day of not wearing shorts
I just learned to unfreeze pipes,besides running water pore hot water and salt and wrap a hot towel around the main valve

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Woke up to -9F temps with windchill of -31F below zero. I had to take the garbage/recycling out. :cold: But it's not all bad since the sun is starting to peek out.

Status
Not open for further replies.