What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really starting to get wintry here now. Leaves are starting to fall off the trees and the average temperature during the day is about 6 degrees, whereas at night it's normally 2 degrees or so. Can no longer get away with leaving my coat at home when I go out, even if it's just a quick pop to the shops! Toffee also doesn't like staying outside for long anymore and only goes outside when he needs the toilet (he's very sensitive about his habits, and doesn't like his litter tray very much). I always say you know it's getting cold outside when the cats don't even like staying out for long!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Leaves are starting to fall off the trees and the average temperature during the day is about 6 degrees, whereas at night it's normally 2 degrees or so.
Is that temp Celsius?

It was in the low 50's today, perfect for raking until the wind picked up. 21 F overnight and low 30's tomorrow.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had our first "real" snow fall on Thursday, leading into Friday.....14cm fell........aaaand it's still here:(. I guess winter has officially arrived.:cold:
It's currently clear skies and -19C, but feels like -26C with the wind chill. We're expected to get a high of -9C this afternoon.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had sleet here last night and have amber warnings for snow for the next coming week. Very cold and rainy here today - had to postpone a visit to the city centre's light display! It's unusual for snow to fall here in London so early on in the winter - normally our snow falls in January or February.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
26 F when I woke up this morning but it's supposed to get up to the 50's by mid-week. I hope they don't change the forecast since that's unusual for early December. :crossfingers:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It's rained here for days and there are a lot of flood warnings. It's times like this I'm so grateful that my soil is virutally sand and I'm not near any rivers.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Supposed to get 10-15 cm of snow overnight tonight, followed by freezing rain Sat. morning, then it turns into rain (10mm) for the rest of the day. We're in for a MESS over the next 24 hours! I just hope it stays mild for the rest of the weekend so clean up can happen and we don't end up with hard frozen chunks and ruts all over the place. And especially at the end of my driveway if the plow goes by and it all freezes before we can get to it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Over a 20° drop overnight. We have toronado watches in effect right now.
I heard about the tornadoes on the news this morning especially downstate IL. Stay safe and please check in to let us know if you're okay. :crossfingers:

Wind gusts up to 50 mph and temp is currently 36F.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Supposed to get 10-15 cm of snow overnight tonight, followed by freezing rain Sat. morning, then it turns into rain (10mm) for the rest of the day. We're in for a MESS over the next 24 hours! I just hope it stays mild for the rest of the weekend so clean up can happen and we don't end up with hard frozen chunks and ruts all over the place. And especially at the end of my driveway if the plow goes by and it all freezes before we can get to it.
It's definitely a mess outside right now...but there's also lighting and thunder happening right now! It's really creepy to have a thunderstorm when everything outside is covered in snow...

Status
Not open for further replies.