What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a bit baffled. So, it's -7 with a "real feel" of -15.
I've never walked outside in minus 7 and thought to myself...."Feels more like minus 15" :flail:
-7 is the air temperature. Real Feel is the Windchill or what it feels like on exposed skin as a result of the winds. If there was no wind at all the air temperature would be -7. Not sure if I'm explaining that correctly.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The snow has fully melted here now and we're actually pretty mild with some rain at 9 degrees for February. We'll even be in double digits next week. Judging by the weather this week so far, you wouldn't have thought last week we were a snowy wonderland in minus temperatures!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I never felt a chill to the bones like this winter is giving me. Last year was mild but the year before was pretty brutal and I didn’t feel this kind of chill that takes hours to warm up.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's 31 but as a friend on Facebook put it; the weather is disrepsectful outside. :lol2: :hmmm: DD told me it woke her up. (Sleet/Freezing Rain/ect... I think I saw a bird slide a bit on the ground...)

SkittlesMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View attachment 367210
It’s cooling off a tiny bit. Yesterday felt like early autumn... Windy but with a hot sun, and it ended up raining last night. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Hopefully the weather app is accurate and it rains a b it this/next week...I’d be grateful for the change 🤗
I’ll
View attachment 367210
It’s cooling off a tiny bit. Yesterday felt like early autumn... Windy but with a hot sun, and it ended up raining last night. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Hopefully the weather app is accurate and it rains a b it this/next week...I’d be grateful for the change 🤗
I’ll take the 70’s! We are in Alabama and it’s 34 and we’ve had ice and snow and kids home all week cause everything basically shuts down. Looking forward to the 50’s this weekend and the big melt! 🧊

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel bad complaining about the hot weather when I know so many people want heat and are in danger because of the cold- I’ll switch weather with you, though! :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's 8 F now and we had lightly falling snow most of the day. DH said there's no more room to put the snow, many of our neighbors' mailboxes are completely covered after the snowplows went by. :eek:

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It seems to have warmed up a little here--my kitchen water had been frozen (the bathroom was still fine, thankfully) and it is unfrozen (although what is coming out of the tap is colder than usual).

Snow outside, we didn't get too much in the second snow, for which I am thankful. Existing snow is already a lot more than usual (almost as high as the cats' backs).

The thing that I think is hilarious--my sons had shoveled a path down the driveway (mostly so they could get to the sidewalk, they cleared more around where the car is actually parked) and shoveled my sidewalk and next door neighbor's (the one with the porch and cat food dishes under the porch), as well as middle son's (the one who lives in the house across the street). Sometime after they did that, next door neighbor shoveled a path across the grass from his porch to the crawlspace of my house (the cats broke into that some time ago, and that's where they appear to be staying right now). It just tickles me that they have a little path between the places they get food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's 45 and sunny outside. It feels so nice compared to wat it's been like.

Status
Not open for further replies.