What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Now this is cold. Ely, Minnesota which is in the northern part of the state reported ACTUAL air temperatures of minus 50. -20 for us in central Minnesota tonight.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now it's 2 degrees with a -16. 20 % chance of snow. And I have stuff that NEEDS to be done outside so I'll be crawling on all 4s sadly.

Yes it is cold. And I'm generally loving cold weather.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now it's 2 degrees with a -16. 20 % chance of snow. And I have stuff that NEEDS to be done outside so I'll be crawling on all 4s sadly.

Yes it is cold. And I'm generally loving cold weather.
Just put on layers and you will be okay. Doing anything with your hands is the hardest because mittens aren’t too flexible but a couple pairs of gloves works pretty well.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Just put on layers and you will be okay. Doing anything with your hands is the hardest because mittens aren’t too flexible but a couple pairs of gloves works pretty well.
I may not be the brightest on a lot of things but how is snow melting off cars and the driveway when it's as cold as I mentioned above? There's isn't even any sun out

Still have to be crawling though because of the injury last week. But it has to be done and I learned you can't depend upon anyone to help you.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
- 6F when I woke up and - 22F with the windchill, I left the kitchen faucet which is exposed to an outside wall drip overnight. But it's sunny out now so it brightens the chilly temps. ☀

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is currently sunny and -11*F. I've been having to get up every three hours to let my puppy outside, so it was getting down to -25*F in the middle of the night. It made me realize that anything below zero ends up feeling the same to me.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The horse is so handsome - does he or she belong to you?

0 when I woke up and only 6 F now but the sun was out all day which really helped so I didn't mind the brisk temps. 🌞
We have fields of horses at the back of our house; they belong to the local traveller community, but they're always wanting to pose for pictures in return for a carrot! :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've been having to get up every three hours to let my puppy outside, so it was getting down to -25*F in the middle of the night.
Good for you for being a committed and dedicated doggie parent. :thumbsup: I was the same way and got annoyed when people would not walk their dog or take them outside because it was cold. It's one thing if it's a polar vortex and the temps are too dangerous but most dogs love the snow and need the exercise unless, of course, they have mobility or other health issues.

0 when I woke up, 7F now and we're supposed to get more snow overnight up to 8-10 inches. DH said he doesn't know where we'll put more snow since it's already piled up. 😄

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you for being a committed and dedicated doggie parent. :thumbsup: I was the same way and got annoyed when people would not walk their dog or take them outside because it was cold. It's one thing if it's a polar vortex and the temps are too dangerous but most dogs love the snow and need the exercise unless, of course, they have mobility or other health issues.
I've been trying to find a way to burn off her energy without going outside because she isn't leash trained yet, but the options are limited. I bought some doggie boots that arrived today, so hopefully soon I'll be able to start taking her for walks without worrying about her paws.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snow and more snow. When that's done, there's more snow.

We have about 2 feet of it outside. A dog would freeze his bum off trying to dump.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I think the snow plows were behind schedule due to the snow storm last night into this morning. There was a lot of drifting and some of the four-lane roads were reduced to two-lanes. The temp is 11F right now.

Last edited:

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a bit baffled. So, it's -7 with a "real feel" of -15.
I've never walked outside in minus 7 and thought to myself...."Feels more like minus 15" :flail:

Status
Not open for further replies.