What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got an inch of snow last night with an arctic blast on the way. highs in the single-digits and lows in the minus teens! All week! I really feel for the outside cats, they are going to have a rough time. They always have heated water and dry food and heated huts in the garage, but I even wonder if they will come out to eat the canned food before it freezes. I guess they will have to hurry.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
19 and sunny, but windy, with gusts of 30 to 40 mph, still down from yesterday, though, when they were around 50. We got around 2 inches of snow last night.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was 1F when I woke up and we're supposed to get up to 2" of snow later which is nothing for our area. But tomorrow it will be below zero and they're predicting - 25F with the windchill. :cold: Those temps are too cold even for me.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-33°C/-27°F. From what I can see out the window, the sky is bright and blue. How deceptive. There's no snow in the forecast for the next while (we had a few inches the other day).

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m scared for Tourmaline. Going down to -13 windchill
All you can do is provide shelter and hope they use it; you can't force them to do so. I built a shelter for a community cat that comes to feed. It is well-insulated and small enough to be easily heated by the cat's own body. It has bedding to snuggle down into, and, most importantly, it is a place out of the wind. Sometimes he uses it, and sometimes he doesn't, but it is there for him IF he wants it.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
All you can do is provide shelter and hope they use it; you can't force them to do so. I built a shelter for a community cat that comes to feed. It is well-insulated and small enough to be easily heated by the cat's own body. It has bedding to snuggle down into, and, most importantly, it is a place out of the wind. Sometimes he uses it, and sometimes he doesn't, but it is there for him IF he wants it.
Will she survive that though if she doesn’t go in?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
7 degrees F this morning, not supposed to get much warmer. About three inches of snow on the ground and 30-40MPH winds, really nasty!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
8 degrees with -5 windchill. Dusting of sow. Cats seem ok although holding up paw while eating. Wish I could sprinkle straw on there but the raccoons would make a mess of it. Ugh I would go outside with them but then they'd just come out in the cold when I want them to be warm. Going to dip down to -20 windchill later this week. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight the windchills will be above 0. Last night they dipped down to -9 but at -5 by time of above comment. If the cats survived last night they'll survive tonight. I did notice the staw in on of the shelters disturbed but don't know if it was a possum or one of the cats. So trying to arrange this cam (ggrrr) in the very cold weather today so I can see what's going on. What a mess

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was -9F when I woke up today but -23F with the windchill. Living in an area that gets snow and cold winters all my life I take certain precautions, e.g. before going to bed last night I let all the faucets in the house lightly drip and opened the cabinet doors so the pipes can be exposed to warm air. I don't mind cold weather but temps like this are even too cold for me sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.