What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
30 F, It's been snowing since last night and hasn't stopped. I'm not even sure what the grand total is but I heard somewhere between 11-12" with wind gusts up to 30 mph. It's supposed to keep snowing into the early morning hours tomorrow.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
21F and snowing- that real fine 'confectioner's sugar' type of snow. We have only got about an inch of it so far, but that's on top of the 7 previous inches, and it is still coming down steadily. We are predicted to get up to 3 inches in this round. Ho-hum.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
7 inches in the last 24 hours. Small birds frantic at the feeders.

UPDATE: Now up to 11 inches and it's coming down pretty hard

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SECOND UPDATE: The first update was 3 hours after my first message about 7 inches of snow. Now - Shoprite supermarkets in three towns are closed. In my town the gas station, hardware store, pharmacy and other small businesses are closed. Postal carriers have been called back from their routes. And the man who plows our driveway just slide off to the side. He called a neighbor of ours who farms and they got his truck back on the driveway. Snowplow guy backed down. And left. Stay tuned for future developments.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
32 F - It stopped snowing early this morning and by the time I left the house the plows had cleared the streets.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here, neely neely . We got about ten inches. Our driveway is plowed so I went out to the mailbox last night to mail some bills, and the snowbank was up to the bottom of the mailbox. I fell trying to reach it and landed in the snow. I'd forgotten how soft snow is. How could anyone forget that? But I did, and it made me remember how much fun we used to have in the snow as kids. Very tempted to flop in and make a snow angel.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They were calling for 4-8 inches yesterday here in the DC area but we only got 3 inches where I live.
So did we. It's snowing again here in Alexandria, VA where I work. I don't think it will stick though.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
22F and overcast, but no snow, at least not yet. We ended up with a little over 3in. yesterday, although farther south they got more. I well remember back in '68 when I was stationed at Bethesda Naval Hospital, and the area got maybe a half-inch of snow, and everything got shut down. Back home, no one would even take notice of that much snow.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
30's and 40's all week, great for January. We still have snow on the ground, a rarity. 50's Wednesday! then the polar plunge and highs in the teens this weekend.....

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-19°C or -2°F. It was +6°C yesterday?! I didn't look at the short term forecast at all last night, so I was surprised to wake up this morning to at least 4" of snow on the ground. At least it wasn't really heavy snow, so it wasn't too bad to shovel.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
32 F now but another round of snow later today, sub zero temps with the windchill in the forecast

Status
Not open for further replies.