What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
We were predicted to have a huge storm last night, with potential tornados and severe thunderstorms, followed by a day of sustained 60 mph winds and cold. Got a few thunder claps is all and while it is a bit windy and lightly snowing, nothing really out of the ordinary. Temps did go from 53 yesterday to 19 today though.
It's really hard getting these 20° temp drops. Poor trees and flowers and little critters too.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It's really hard getting these 20° temp drops. Poor trees and flowers and little critters too.
Yes. Fortunately the really wet weather and the tornadoes went south of here so it was relatively dry when the cold came. If you get a heavy layer of ice this time of year it can do terrible damage to trees and plants, plus you can end up dealing with it on roads until spring.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
50 F. getting ready to rain all night, according to the weather service. Watching "White Christmas" on TV just now to get my fix of snow. At least I won't have to shovel the rain.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was in the 30s today, Fahrenheit. The is the first time in over 40 years that I can remember that we had a green Christmas. As Vince said, at least we don't have to shovel rain.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It finally stopped snowing. We now have several inches of snow on the ground, which is nice and festive. The temperature, not so much... currently it is -30°C/-22°F. :cold:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A few inches of heavy wet snow overnight on top of a layer of ice, made a bit of a slippery job to clean it up this morning. We are supposed to have a dramatic drop in temps in the next week which is actually better than this warm up/freeze cycle we have been in. Snow is way better than ice.

Last edited:

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's in the low 30s and trying to snow. I guess we finally got winter, after a fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.