What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has warmed up some, so now It's only minus 1. The sun is shining, but the wind is blowing something fierce, dropping the wind chill down to the minus 20s. At least it has stopped snowing.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Right now it's -10 without the windchill and the forecast is predicting snow overnight. This will definitely be a January to remember, or maybe not. :wink:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
D54A8DCC-20C6-4DBC-A61E-BDF9295778CD.jpeg
Minus 12, warming up. And today I had this little sparrow who just could resist a bath, despite the temps. Not the best pic because I didn’t want to get close to the window and disturb him. He actually jumped in and out of the water twice and splashed around for a few second. Polar plunge, bird style.

He or a look alike just came back for another, much longer bath, with full over the head splashing! I was kind of afraid he might freeze to death being wet in this cold but he is obviously loving it.

Last edited:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woo hoo! It's up to -5F! Tomorrow brings a heat wave of +22F!

Speaking of heat waves, I've heard Australia is setting summer heat records. mani mani - tell us about it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 18 degrees! Temps in the 40s the next 3 days! . . .but then back to single digits next week :/. Thanks for the roller coaster, SD weather. But I won't complain about 3 days of nice weather.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Speaking of heat waves, I've heard Australia is setting summer heat records. mani mani - tell us about it.
It's very hot and dry where I am, but I'm not getting the worst of it. Southern states have been in the high 30s to low 40s and they're really not used to that. Up north it's flooding very badly with more to come. Definitely extreme weather.

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The sun is on the kitchen window and the fire is lit so bugsnug..met.ie say it is 3 degrees and no windchill...

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1 above right now! Still -15 with wind but it feels decent. Didn't even warm up my truck when I left for lunch today lol. We had a WSJ reporter in yesterday talking to people about working in the cold.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nah, nah!!! WE had a near miss with all that cold, right on the edge here in western Nebraska, highs a couple of days in the twenties and thirties. It was 64 degrees here yesterday, and two more days near there! I am loving it, it seems like spring. But we are on that same old rollercoaster, highs in the teens and twenties next week, I hate to think about it, yuck!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Thankfully it's in the low 30's this morning. Really cloudy though.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We’ve had quite a storm here the past couple of days. Electricity and cable are out from tree limbs taking out utility lines. We have a generator going so we’re doing okay.

I’m grateful we don’t get the cold temps. It’s 56ºF here now. Next week is supposed to be cold, in the 20s at night! I know that’s balmy for some of you :lol: but it’s unusually cold for our area.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's supposed to get up to 60 degrees here today!

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wild,wet, windy out here in the Atlantic wastes.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Rainy and 36 degrees this morning.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
23°F and cloudy this morning. I brought my hummingbird feeders in last night so they wouldn’t freeze. I really want to get them out as soon as possible so when the little hummers come out of torpor at dawn they have their energy juice. I’m afraid it won’t hit 28 until about 9 a.m. though.

Update edit: Well, it’s still only 25 but the hummingbirds are buzzing around the front and back looking for the feeders. I put them out but will bring them back in in about 30 minutes to warm up.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Grr. Another snowstorm. In one week we have had an ice storm and two snow storms. I don’t mind when it snows at night but being stuck at home during the day for most of a week drives me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.