What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It snowed last night.
The cold temp on Wednesday could set a new record.
We got 6 more inches of snow today and it's snowing again now. I was supposed to go into work but fortunately school was cancelled. Driving conditions on the roads were not good this morning and the singe digit temps didn't help. Yes, Wed.- Thurs. it's supposed to be -13 w/out windchill and up to -50 with windchill. We'll be hunkered down with Carleton dressed in fleece and warm layers.

Good luck with your garage door. :goodluck: Hope your hubby's office is closed.

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, here in N.E. Ohio we are getting yet another blast of arctic air. By tomorrow morning the high will not even be zero and the wind chills could reach 20 below zero. It will stay like this till Thursday afternoon, yikes!!
:fear::eek::help:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
-23F, -43 with the wind this morning, they actually cancelled school which is unheard of for up here
I just read that people under 25 haven't experienced weather this cold. Snow is even forecast for some of the southern states. I could use a warm beach.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got my little feral in this morning. It is 30 right now but it is suppose to get down to 1 or 2 degrees tonight and we might get up o 3 inches of snow and ice. It is very hard to get Tommy to stay inside. I hope I can keep him inside till at least Friday. I live alone and he is a lot of company.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They cancel school here if it gets to -34 windchill. I don't know why that temp was chosen. Seems kinda random!

It will probably be that cold tomorrow :gaah:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's supoosed to be -25 tomorrow, and almost 50 degrees on Saturday. I'm not going to complain about it being warmer, but that's kind of ridiculous! No wonder our roads get potholes with that kind of ice heaving.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's my car dashboard when I got home from work. I wish work was canceled tomorrow, but libraries need to be open in the cold for people who have no other place to go. Since I'm temporarily working at a location that only offers one service, my not going into work tomorrow isn't a big deal, so I'm not going.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They cancelled mail delivery tomorrow. That never happens! I still have to go to the office though. Bet nobody will come in.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Here's my car dashboard when I got home from work. I wish work was canceled tomorrow, but libraries need to be open in the cold for people who have no other place to go. Since I'm temporarily working at a location that only offers one service, my not going into work tomorrow isn't a big deal, so I'm not going.

Oh my. That is cold! I bet you ran into your house. We're also having some very cold temps as a lot of the country is. I'm in layers and plan on staying that way.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
More of the same here. I don't envy anyone braving those frigid temperatures. Please be careful and bundle up if you must go outside. :hugs:

upload_2019-1-30_6-38-53.png

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was -24 when I woke up, -51 with the windchill. :cold: Unfortunately our washing machine flooded the floor yesterday and I woke up to a broken pipe under the kitchen sink this morning. Plumber is supposed to come later. Fingers crossed he shows up. :crossfingers:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Minus 27 this morning. I set out nuts for the squirrels before bedtime. I figured they would have to be hungry to leave their nests in this cold. Sure enough a scrawny young one showed up this morning and had the feast all to himself. He kept stopping though to tuck his paws up, must have been getting really cold. Lots of birds at the feeders and waterer. Amazing how these little things survive.

As far me, I am heading out shortly to an appointment. But once you get the car warmed up it really isn’t any different from any other winter days. When I was young and my cars were old I used to get up at 2:00 am on sub zero nights to go outside and start the car and let it run for 15 minutes so it would start in the morning. That was real cold.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The thermometer on my deck bottomed out at -30F this morning. There was just a small red dot at the bottom. It's supposed to be up to -19F now, but my furnace is running constantly - only 5-10 minutes off. No school, no mail, no garbage pickup, no traffic. Not even any birds or animals at the bird feeder. A water main on a major street in town burst overnight, so westbound traffic is closed because of the ice. Ice melt won't work at these temps, so they just closed it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
2 F but it feels more like -22 F with the windchill:cold::cold:

Status
Not open for further replies.