What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Whoooo we're up to 22° right now in Portland Maine!
It's a heat wave compared to 3° yesterday.
:flail:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was 19F this morning and freezing rain, not fun to drive. :nono:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A heat wave:woohoo: 56F compared to 1F three days ago. The deluge of rain hasn't started yet even though the interactive weather map shows rain across the entire state as of 20 minutes ago :rolleyes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
54 right now with rain. the torrential rain is coming alter. The wind is awful though. People in the area are starting to lose power and trees are going down.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Between noon and 1pm, my power went on and off 3 times. Finally I called National Grid..

In a building of 75 apartments, I was the only one who called.. dam.. I know people are working, but there are still many people home...

The wind is really picking up; so is the rain.. glad for my new windows...

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's frigid in Chicago, in the single digits Fahrenheit, above and below 0. Everything is covered with snow and ice, and none of it is melting. It's simply nasty outside.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's frigid in Chicago, in the single digits Fahrenheit, above and below 0. Everything is covered with snow and ice, and none of it is melting. It's simply nasty outside.
Yap, it's either snowing or freezing. I like winter but a brief heat wave would be welcome. ;)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Seven inches of snow last night then dropping down tonight to -24. After clearing the snow I threw out the acorns I gathered and froze last fall so that the squirrels have some extra food to get through the cold spell.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It snowed last night. It was in the 30's but the temperature is going to drop quickly. Hubby had to work today. I am off and plan on going nowhere until I have to work tomorrow afternoon. It is going to continue to get colder throughout the week. The cold temp on Wednesday could set a new record. My hubby thinks his office will close on Wednesday due to the record cold. I am worried about our garage door freezing and getting stuck since it is getting very noisy when it opens.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Yikes! Some of you are having awful weather! :cold: I almost hate to say this :fear: :lol: --we had a lovely day yesterday, 71º, sunny and warm. It was beautiful at the harbor.

IMG_9976.jpeg

We may have rain coming again this week, but so far it's sunny and 60º here today.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It snowed last night. It was in the 30's but the temperature is going to drop quickly. Hubby had to work today. I am off and plan on going nowhere until I have to work tomorrow afternoon. It is going to continue to get colder throughout the week. The cold temp on Wednesday could set a new record. My hubby thinks his office will close on Wednesday due to the record cold. I am worried about our garage door freezing and getting stuck since it is getting very noisy when it opens.
You might want to give the door runners a squirt of silicone spray. The noise means there isn’t enough lubricant in the moving parts. It probably won’t freeze up but just get even louder.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to give the door runners a squirt of silicone spray. The noise means there isn’t enough lubricant in the moving parts. It probably won’t freeze up but just get even louder.
What type of Silicon Spray do you suggest? I have WD-40. Would that work? I also have cooking spray could that be useful?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
What type of Silicon Spray do you suggest? I have WD-40. Would that work? I also have cooking spray could that be useful?
Definitely not WD40 or cooking spray. Stop in a hardware store or Home Depot type store and ask for either silicone spray or garage door silicone spray.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used WD 40 for several years but eventually had to replace the door and rails. The rails had become warped. The silicone spray will at least get you through the winter.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I used WD 40 for several years but eventually had to replace the door and rails. The rails had become warped. The silicone spray will at least get you through the winter.
WD40 actually degreases rather than lubricating the rails unless you buy a special version of WD40 made specifically for garage doors. The silicon spray is pretty cheap, I just did all my door parts this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.