What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's supposed to be 90 tomorrow and 92 Tuesday. This is Ohio, this is not normal. The trees haven't even turned colors yet. Most are still green like summer, one here and there has lost about half their leaves but they didn't turn to fall colors first.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It may be fall on the calendar but we are still in summer. Today it got to about 95. It has been in the mid to high 90s and lows in the high 60s. We don't have the humidity so it doesn't feel quite as hot but I going to be wearing Halloween T-shirts, not sweaters. And it has not rained in 2 weeks and none predicted. So I am still watering the plants.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha, that cat by the heating vent/register is hilarious! Here in southeastern Arizona, the kittehs & I have been enjoying some wonderful fall weather, the temps not so blasted hot anymore and the humidity low. I can sleep under covers again, woohoo! I'm lovin' the cool crisp mornings, I've been indulging lately in an early cup o' tea or a bowl of hot cereal, very nice when there's still a chill in the air! Got those pesky weeds whacked, so my yard looks tidy again... it sure feels good to sit on the deck in the morning, surrounded by cats running around and chasing each other (Boots sits in the chair next to me and watches the others). Oh, yeah, I haven't been running my A/C units much lately, so my electric bill will be considerably lower... always a good thing. :coolcat:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
That was yesterday, highs in the fifties. Today we have a high of 88. Heat off, air conditioning on. A typical Minnesota fall.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Well the damp, dreary weather over the weekend left and was replaced by hot, humid temps in the 80's today. I need a happy medium. :biggrin:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Fall has definitely arrived. It's 60 here with rain coming later.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Cold, wet, windy miserable day. But it is doing a great job of pulling down the leaves and I’d much rather they all come down and get cleaned up before it gets too cold or snowy.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
First cold weather of the season, some guys who arrive at work at 0500 said a nearby thermometer read 19 degrees... rather chilly, aye? My birdbath was frozen solid this morning, reminded me of Woodstock ice skating in the Peanuts comic strip. Gonna be cold again tonight, then we catch a break as overnight temps rise above freezing for the weekend. Gotta cover my fruit trees again tonight, it'd be a drag if they died after all the care I've given them for the past few months. These are citrus trees too, which can be difficult to grow at this elevation... not impossible, but one has to be careful to get them established. Apple & pear trees seem to do better at this elevation, but I wanted to try citrus trees... if they don't pan out, then I'll go with apple & pear, LOL.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha, it WAS chilly but the day turned out fine once the sun took the edge off the cold... this afternoon was absolutely gorgeous, perfect Chamber of Commerce weather, LOL. :yess:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's snowy here in Chicago. It snowed a couple of inches night before last and another couple of inches last night. So much fun - a Halloween in the snow! The trick or treaters came anyway, bless their hearts.

I hope this isn't a harbinger of what's to come this winter.

My son and DIL had a foot of snow night before last. They live on the west side of the Rockies, near Vail. Luckily, they are very happy with it because it probably means the ski runs will open early.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yesterday it was 75 at lunchtime, 50 by 5, and this morning it was 34. It warmed up to about 50, sunny. I am already looking forward to March, when it starts warming up again. (I don't do well in cold, which is why I live in the south)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
High of 60 today, but with showers. It's supposed to get very cold later this week.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
27 degrees F now at 7:00 AM, but it will get nice enough to get on the tennis court today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.