What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that poster was saying that it's not possible for Hawaii to have below-freezing temps so I must have gotten something wrong by saying all 50 states. But at the time I wrote that, there were below-freezing temps on a mountain in Hawaii.
Thanks, now I get his joke. I saw 51st state and that's where my mind stopped.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mid 30s F, first snow of the year this morning, but the ground was to warm for it to stick.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It has been raining for 3 days and is forecast rain til Thursday. I think it got up to about 45 today and low forecast in mid 30's. Cold for here in GA. but typical for Nov. As long as it is not ice or snow I am OK.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nope! When I wrote that, even Hawaii had below-freezing temps somewhere on top of a mountain!

It is COLD right now. Has been for about a week. Lows in the single digits, highs in the 20s, with an icy North wind. Ugh. It is not supposed to be this cold so early. We've had snow a few times too, but just a couple inches, not enough to send the plows out yet.

It's supposed to be about 45 degrees tomorrow and Thursday. And then drop again when a cold front blows through on Friday, possibly bringing snow. Bleh.
This is why I live in GA. I grew up in IN and don't miss the winter weather.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is why I live in GA. I grew up in IN and don't miss the winter weather.
Same. I grew up in NY and then lived in CO. I live in south Florida now and have for 16 years. I will never live anywhere that gets snow ever again. :cold: :headshake:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The four-letter word! 6 to 10 inches of white stuff coming Thursday into Friday.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Now TWC is saying 5-8 inches of snow on Thursday, followed by 1-3 inches of snow and ice on Thursday night. I am not amused.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They were saying that we were going to get snow on Friday, but now they're saying the jet stream may not dip this low and we'll just get rain. Hoping for a warm streak your way too!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 9 am and it finally made it to 28° F. I don't even know how cold it got last night.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
It was sunny and 35°F for our morning walk, but the smoke from the northern California Camp fire has finally made its way to southern Oregon so the valley is hazy. I’m not complaining. Too many people have lost everything, including their lives. The fire risk has gone up here again. We’re unusually dry for this time of year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
21 degrees right now....feeling like 15......

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
4 to 8 inches of snow today into tonight, followed by freezing rain and ice overnight. It's below freezing right now, but no wind. It doesn't feel bad out right now.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4°C/39°F right now with a bit of sun, though it might rain or snow later!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
44F and raining but it's a gross slushy mess outside :headshake: It snowed last night.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
In Albany, Maine right now it's 22 degrees (warmer than it has been) and we're having our second big snowstorm of the week.. :)

We're in a little camper in the woods (we're trying to build an off-grid cob house and didn't even come close to finishing this past summer, so my dad lent us his camper for the cold season thank frig!) I've had two of my kitties here (Alasdair and Tallulah) and I have decided to bring them to my apartment in Portland for the rest of the winter (where my senior gal Geneva has been staying comfortably since it started getting cold out here)

It's just too cold for them to go outside and have fun anymore, and the camper is so small I don't wanna risk stressing them out being stuck inside a tiny space. So they'll all stay in my apartment (where I am for 4-5 days a week for work anyway) and I'll bring all 3 back in the late spring when it's warm again.

One last pic of "camper kitties" for fun haha. This was a couple days ago in the first big snowstorm .. We woke up in the morning and they were begging to go out as usual.
Here they are looking out the open door at the snow and changing their minds. ;)
IMG_20181113_063311_354.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.