What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
-1F when I woke up and 9 degrees now. I needed to get something minor on my car fixed but with the ice cold temps and more of the same predicted for the next two days I didn't want to take any chances.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's 7 here this morning. We are supposed to go back to normal temps Sunday, even in the 40's a couple of days next week. They are now saying we will get rain on Monday. Yesterday they said it would be snow and I have seen it as a mix. I hope it is either snow or rain, the mix is when things get nasty for driving.

I lived in Youngstown for a couple of years and they get the lake effect snow. I remember they got one particularly bad snow storm and the National Guard was transporting hospital workers to and from work.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
13 right now this AM, but an improvement, that was our highs last week! 40's near 50 all weekend, heat wave! rain/snow this Sun. AM, believe that when I see it. We are 4 inches short in 2017, and it seems to be continuing. Sigh...... I might have to water all my shrub roses again, I don't want them dying back like they did last winter! And the ?!!@#!* deer debarked three of my young trees, WHY can't they stay out of my yard!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
frigid, just plain frigid. it's 0 degrees F here right now, with a wind chill of -20 F.

some info about the danger of these wind chill temps -- as little as 30 minutes outdoors can cause exposed skin to develop frostbite. something i do is to lightly coat my face and neck with some vaseline when i need to go outdoors in these temperatures, which protects it somewhat.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
7 F with a real feel of -8. I think our high is to be 8 F today.

The wind is unbelievable today. It's just roaring around the house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 12 degrees out there with a wind chill of around 3 degrees.

We had 17.7 inches of snow in my city. That is huge!!! and tons of flooding..
There is a picture circulating with a flooded snow filled street, cars stuck along the sides.
The street has become frozen. The ice water is halfway up their cars.
I really do not know how they are going to open that street, never mind getting the cars out.. this was really a bad storm..

Definitely reminded me of the Blizzard of '78....

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Temp is above zero now, a whopping 1 degree and more of the same tomorrow. I brought my car in for service yesterday and DH is waiting in line for his car to be serviced now. The weather takes it toll on our vehicles too. :mad2:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
12 F today. At least the sun is out. It didn't feel too cold when I ventured out earlier.

I think we got around 13 to 15 inches of snow yesterday. Just guesstimating from the snow fall total from the closest town. I'm not looking forward to climbing the giant snowbank at the back of the property to access the street back there to head to the bus stop to get to work :cringe:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's going to feel like -20 F tomorrow with the wind chill :eek3::cold::cold: Still need to head out (by :walk:) to the supermarket for groceries. Hopefully the store has restocked somewhat since Wednesday's :runaround:

I should turn on the basebaoard heater in the water heater closet to prevent the pipes in there from potentially freezing :eek3: I probably should have bought another door latch so I could keep the door open and let the warm air from the HVAC get inside to keep the pipes warm but keep the cats out at the same time:rolleyes:

Last edited:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Almost 11pm and just returned home from work, it is 2*F. I stopped at the market and in the parking lot, the wind was pushing me along, literally. Even with this, the coast has it so much, much worse than where I am in central Massachusetts. I thank God for all the workers out tonight helping people get electricity and to keep things safe.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's zero with a high of 15 F today. It's supposed to be 30 tomorrow. We are supposed to have highs in the 30's up to low 50's next week with lows in the 20's up to low 40's next week. For us here anyway we are almost there. They are back to both rain and snow on Monday, it just depends on where the temperature is when it starts.

I saw the pictures from Boston, they are going to need some warm temps with no rain to dig out from that.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's 1 degree here right now. we're forecast to get up to 6 degrees F today. the good news is that sunday's high is forecast to be in the mid-20's, and after that we're supposed to resume 'normal' winter temperatures.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
4 F with a real feel of -4 F. Our high today will be 15 F and our low tonight will be -1 F.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Even with this, the coast has it so much, much worse than where I am in central Massachusetts.
Southern coast checking in! :wave3: I think your temps are lower than ours. It was 3 degrees out when I got up.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
This is just outside of Boston, north coast:
7 degrees with a wind chill of -15

That is downright cold!!
It is going to be even colder tonight!! this is ridiculous.

Even though, I live in an apartment building, I left the water trickle a bit, in all the faucets.. I will probably do that again today..

I do have to go out to check on the car; and to see if it starts.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
3 degrees with a windchill of -14F. DH had his car fixed yesterday but guess what happened when he went to start it today? :headshake:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
It got warmer!! now it is 9 degrees with wind chill of 0... going down to -6 tonight!!

neely neely It is probably the cold, this time.. there is only so much mechanics can do to keep cars, parts from freezing, when the temp is this low..

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is a limit to how cold it can be and a vehicle starts. Everything is frozen up and the oil is thick so the engine turns over slower and takes longer to start. Even a good battery only has so much so the car ends up not starting and the battery is dead. There were a couple of mornings including this morning when there was a short time when I didn't think it would start but I got lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.