What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:storm:2:22 am Monday June 11th. 71 degrees, 100% humidity. Thunderstorms. Lots and lots of rain in a short time.
:storm:Lighting strike at 1:15 am knocked power out for the whole neighborhood for 45 minutes. Power back, still storming. Alarm set for 6:40 am. :sigh:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flooded. It has rained over 7 inches in the past week and the ground was already saturated. So all the rivers are flooded and many roads are closed. A lot of fields are flooded and the crops lost, but it's still early enough for them to replant and get a decent crop---IF it ever stops raining! The highway I take to work has been closed since Saturday and I have to drive all over the wilderness to go around. And then Tuesday the alternate road was flooded too :argh:. And it's supposed to storm hard on Saturday and dump even more rain on us :yelling:.

Could be worse. Over the border in Iowa, the rain washed out some train tracks and an oil tanker derailed. Spilled 10 tanks of oil into the floodwaters. What a mess. They've been cleaning that up ever since, the extra rain hasn't made it easy.

HellsBells80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here in the UK we are in what they are calling a mini heatwave, it's currently 6.10 pm and 25°c 41% humidity and barely a cloud in the sky. We are just not used to these temperatures here, but I have to say I do love the heat, but my husband and kids aren't coping too well especially in the hottest part of the day.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's just too hot for the mountains. It's been over 100° F for the past 3 days with not a cloud in the sky. Granted, when I lived in the Valley, it was much, much hotter. But I left that (I thought). Up here at the higher elevation, the sun is just brutal. You will blister if you go out for too long (and I don't sunburn).
We need rain, or at least clouds. A breeze would be nice.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Here in the UK we are in what they are calling a mini heatwave, it's currently 6.10 pm and 25°c 41% humidity and barely a cloud in the sky. We are just not used to these temperatures here, but I have to say I do love the heat, but my husband and kids aren't coping too well especially in the hottest part of the day.
That's 77F. I'm moving to England! :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Excessive heat warning for our area today since yesterday and through the weekend. Up to 115 F with the heat index - Ouch! :fuming:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
upload_2018-6-30_17-8-52.png

Typical Florida summer day. We just had a short but intense rainstorm as we do pretty much every day. Lot of thunder and lightning to go with. Queen Lily Belle was napping on my bed and a huge clap of thunder woke her up. Her Majesty was NOT amused.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's still 92F and it's after 6 P.M., the low tonight is supposed to be 71F. It's supposed to be like this all next week as well. We have had mild summers here for several years but this isn't going to be one of them. I thought when it stayed cold later then usual and we got two late wet snows that we would have a hot summer. When it gets like this I mostly stay inside with the air conditioning.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is suppose to be 98 tomorrow with the heat index at 105. I remember my first two cars and my parents first house did not have air conditioning. I don't know how we survived.

I have COPD so I will not be leaving the house the next few days.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's currently 92 degrees F, and forecast to be a high of 95. heat index values to be as high as 103 degrees F today. we're under a heat advisory here until 10pm on monday.

if the current forecast holds true, the heat wave here should 'break' on saturday (forecast to get up to 77 degrees F), though we're to be a high of mid-80's on friday -- so would start cooling down to seasonally appropriate for this time of year here.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
78°F and 20% humidity at 3 p.m. Pacific time (USA), cooler than normal for southern Oregon but right on target for humidity. The humidity will continue to drop through the rest of the day. It hasn't rained for three weeks and except for one or two thunderstorms, we may not see rain again until fall. We're definitely into fire season.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
97° F with humidity, but I don't know how much. Looks like a storm is approaching. I would hope for rain, but I think that is a legend that people tell to appease the population.
Rain is just a myth old people talk about while having coffee. "Remember when..."

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
17 degrees celcius, and cloudy. We had some rain today but tomorrow we'll be having proper summer weather!

Status
Not open for further replies.