What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But as the saying goes, "It's not the heat. It's the humidity." :lol:

The funny thing is, I didn't realize how used I was to nearly 100% humidity until I had a job where I had to travel a bit. I'll never forget that first morning when I blow dried my waist length hair, and the static electricity made my hair fly out sideways like Pippi Longstocking. Suddenly my usual humidity induced frizz didn't seem so bad. :wink:
Except it's not humid in Phoenix. It's like walking into an oven.
On the other side, it snowed up here in the mountains yesterday. Didn't stick, but it snowed. It got down to 25 degrees last night. Had to turn the heater back on, the heater in the pump house and put the heating pad back in for the kittens. Today is supposed to be rather warm, so all the gets turned off again.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your seasons sound kinda like ours. We have almost summer, summer, still summer, and a few days that aren't quite summer. :wink:

Fortunately, it's going to be pretty cool today, with the temp only hitting 86 degrees.
Where ever you are, I do NOT want to be there! It's 79 here, and I'm staying in. By next month, I won't poke my nose out except to feed Little Bit (my feral), and to shop once a month. And THEN I'll have to go to bed to recover from the heat.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
52 degrees with heavy rain and thunderstorm later tonight. It feels like it's been raining almost every day in May so far. I thought April showers bring May flowers. ;)

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where ever you are, I do NOT want to be there! It's 79 here, and I'm staying in. By next month, I won't poke my nose out except to feed Little Bit (my feral), and to shop once a month. And THEN I'll have to go to bed to recover from the heat.
The heat and humidity can be pretty miserable, but it sure beats accidentally branding yourself from touching hot metal when turning the key in the car's ignition, or putting on your seat belt. And don't ask how many times I've been in a hurry, and forgot I was wearing blue jean shorts when I sat down on vinyl seats! :lol:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GACK! That's one of the many, many reasons I will NEVER live in Florida again if I can possibly help it!

It's 82 and cloudy here. Expecting some fairly severe storms to start rolling in later tonight, up through Saturday. Won't cool down all that much, just gently steam.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Dark and dreary. Heavy, heavy rain later today into tomorrow.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
71 degrees and partly cloudy, although they are predicting thunderstorms. So far, so good!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Cold and rainy, but it may hit 90 by Thursday. :dunno:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
54 degrees and cloudy. Woke up to rain this morning. It is the type of day where I do not know if I want to be cold or hot.. asthma bugging me along with allergies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's currently 64 degrees F (at about 6am), and is forecast to get up to 79! :woo: i've got a quiet day planned, and the windows will be open and kitties enjoying the warmth and fresh air.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
91 degrees, sunny, hot... and tomorrow will be hotter!! OMG!! too much, too soon...

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
85 and sunny. 90s tomorrow. I'm going to start setting out a bowl of water for Little Bit. I don't want him depending on the nasty stuff in the ditch.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
High winds, red flag day. And quite nippy. Had to turn the heater on again.
Does Mother Nature need to be reminded that it's May?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
At 8:45 am, it is already 81 degrees!! YIKES!!! I am so grateful for my central AC... have lots to do today and tomorrow..Better get going..
Our window air conditioners aren't in yet. :( Allergies are awful also.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Our window air conditioners aren't in yet. :( Allergies are awful also.
Allergies have been fierce. I have been so sick with them.
I cannot imagine how you are feeling, without AC...shudder....

The only thing about this weather is that I am forced to have the AC on constantly, circulating and cleaning the air. I am using the air purifiers as a back up when it is really bad for me. Not bad today, so far. But I have not gone out yet.

Yesterday afternoon, I went out on the balcony to do a bit of stuff.. As soon as I walked out there, I started sneezing! And I had been out in the car earlier.

Would like to air out the place, but not with all this pollen flying around.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Got some catching up to do I see! Last time I viewed here it was April 20.

Today May 18 it's HOT! STINKING HOT!!! 93 they are calling for. I am bummed. Need to take my lunchtime walk but NOPE too warm! Jon mowed the lawn yesterday afternoon in the HEAT! I told him he should have waited until this morning. was 90 yesterday. my gardens are growing crazy=can't keep up with weeding! let's hope we get rain twice a week now so I don't have to water!

Status
Not open for further replies.