What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
84 degrees, breezy, with a partial cloud cover. Too hot for words! And it's still APRIL!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After two weeks of 70-80 degrees, it snowed yesterday. MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We've been under a flash flood watch all weekend and it's not supposed to end until tomorrow night. 42 degrees at present, had to go back to wearing my winter jacket today. :disappointed:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's raining cats and, uh, cats. Cold and rainy is what our springs are usually like. Up until a couple of days ago, it was beautiful, probably the most beautiful spring we've had in years. It got warm quickly, and all the blooming spring plants came to life. Lovely daffs and tulips and crab apples. Red bud trees were gorgeous. There won't be anything left after the rain beats them down.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It snowed last night/this morning. Actual snow that stuck and everything. This is not what it's supposed to do in May, I want a refund! :thud:

But now it's 40 degrees and most of the snow has melted, and it will be up to 80 degrees by the end of the week. Just a regular spring in the great plains! :tongue:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
While we got the wind and the t-storms last night, we escaped the worst of it. And Rick said that the second set of t-storms that rolled in around 10:30 was really nasty; he debated about putting the cats in the basement....we were under a tornado watch all night. Me? I went to bed and slept through most of it.

This morning, we're at 56 F with a high of 62 F for the day. Still a bit on the breezy side. Sun is trying to burn through the clouds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
So much rain!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The ridiculous forecast for the entire week consists of days and days of periodic rainy weather. We will not see the sun at all...

At least the drought will be over.....sigh

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
At least the drought will be over.....sigh
Yep, they mentioned on the news this morning that only one part of Connecticut still has the drought issues.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well at least some of you have some sun ! Weather here is usually miserable ! 16 degrees today

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's bloody HOT. And next week it's supposed to drop down to below freezing again. It's May in Arizona. I don't have any idea what's going on.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's bloody HOT. And next week it's supposed to drop down to below freezing again. It's May in Arizona. I don't have any idea what's going on.
I'm so envious right now ! I love the sun

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know, it's really chilly this week for May. We're having a ton of rain and it's breezy and very cool, esp at night. We've been down in the 30s a few nights this week and I've been turning the electric blanket on. I had turned the heat off in the house a couple weeks ago and, once it's off, it doesn't come back on til fall.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's windy, it's always windy. Our seasons run like this: Cold and windy, warm and windy, hot, and just windy.
Your seasons sound kinda like ours. We have almost summer, summer, still summer, and a few days that aren't quite summer. :wink:

Fortunately, it's going to be pretty cool today, with the temp only hitting 86 degrees.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your seasons sound kinda like ours. We have almost summer, summer, still summer, and a few days that aren't quite summer. :wink:

Fortunately, it's going to be pretty cool today, with the temp only hitting 86 degrees.
I lived 38 years in Phoenix. Sounds just like that. It was not so hot, hot, super hot and blast furnace hot.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lived 38 years in Phoenix. Sounds just like that. It was not so hot, hot, super hot and blast furnace hot.
But as the saying goes, "It's not the heat. It's the humidity." :lol:

The funny thing is, I didn't realize how used I was to nearly 100% humidity until I had a job where I had to travel a bit. I'll never forget that first morning when I blow dried my waist length hair, and the static electricity made my hair fly out sideways like Pippi Longstocking. Suddenly my usual humidity induced frizz didn't seem so bad. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.