What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
35 this morning but who cares, the sun is finally out!!! 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It was howling wind throughout the night with pelting rain. Both the wind and the rain kept waking me up. Artie must have been scared. When I woke up, he was in his tent. He is never there at that time of the day. Artie is usually cuddling with me. 

Currently, the wind has calmed down quite a bit, the rain has also. The forecast is predicting a changeover to snow for the rest of the day. It is 37 degrees. 

I am along the coast. The snowfall prediction is 1-3 inches. People up north are going to get hit with 6-10 inches..

@foxxycat  be careful... @AbbysMom  --you too, even though you are south..

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Everything is flooded down here. I've got large ponds in my yard and the marshy area behind my house is completely flooded. I'm guessing there will be a few road closures around. I'm thinking it's a good day to stay inside.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
@Artiemom  it's still snowing out! I had about 10 inches this morning. 4 wheel drive back and forth to bust out of the crust left by the dam plows...haha!!! It worked!! If I had time I would have gone to do donuts in the parking lot but they already plowed. rats. They take all the fun away!

I am in Newington until later tonight...and Told Jon leave the snow until tomorrow but knowing him he will be out there with the snowblower soon after I leave. Or maybe not. our dish wasn't working due to too much snow. Told Jon go up on the roof and dig out the vents for the furnace and the dish. but don't shovel the roof. it's going to melt soon.

it was 32-34 degrees this morning still snowing.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything is flooded down here. I've got large ponds in my yard and the marshy area behind my house is completely flooded. I'm guessing there will be a few road closures around. I'm thinking it's a good day to stay inside.

@Artiemom  it's still snowing out! I had about 10 inches this morning. 4 wheel drive back and forth to bust out of the crust left by the dam plows...haha!!! It worked!! If I had time I would have gone to do donuts in the parking lot but they already plowed. rats. They take all the fun away!

I am in Newington until later tonight...and Told Jon leave the snow until tomorrow but knowing him he will be out there with the snowblower soon after I leave. Or maybe not. our dish wasn't working due to too much snow. Told Jon go up on the roof and dig out the vents for the furnace and the dish. but don't shovel the roof. it's going to melt soon.

it was 32-34 degrees this morning still snowing.
tell Jon to be careful also.. climbing on roofs is scary... 

Both of you guys be careful!!!

It is a good day to stay inside and cuddle. I could steam wash the floor, but in this weather.. 

It is now turning over to snow. They say by 11am it would.. it is 9:48 and it is starting..

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow. That's pretty, but what a pain.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@foxxycat    I want....

70 and sunny here, but with a really nice breeze.  My windows are opened wide, and Hekitty is making the rounds to each one, enjoying the smellavision.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
58 degrees here & cloudy. Not bad. Hard to know what to wear for my daily walk. Yesterday after church I was sweating bullets walking home.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night it was in the 50s. Today it's 79 and climbing. Bright sun and incredibly clear blue sky. A great change from yesterday, with the high winds, tornadoes, and monsoonal rain. Still, I go out wearing a parka over my bikini!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday afternoon was 50. I imagine today similar. bright sun and blue skies. much of the snow is melting. the 12 inches of snow on my roof is now gone! Last night shoveled the snow on the back step as it was 4 feet deep. It's the girls playground. They hang out in my postage stamp size back yard. They love the yard swing-honeybee sleeps on it and Pumps sleeps underneath it :) and a Particular Honeybee will Glare at her from above

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rainy with a high of around 69 today. It seems warmer outside than it really is. The good news is that I put away my winter coats and I hope for a long time.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heavy rains this morning. 38ish. Took the hood off my winter coat and should have left it on. Got rained on on the walk from the truck to the building. no snow forecast here but up north there will be snow. Some of the snow in yard is getting lower. Still fully covered side yard where all my gardens are.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Torrential rains, rivers at flood stage, etc. Plenty of flooded areas just in my yard.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
60 yesterday but very windy. finally got my back yard flower beds raked out and the lawn mowed, supposed to be cooler, 50's today and wind. I NEED TO SPRAY WEEDS!!!! Some are already blooming and will be going to seed, but it has been windy every day for the last week. Since a lot of my flowers are coming up, I don't want to take the chance of killing them, I've been there done that! Sigh, I guess I'll have to get my hoe out again! We're already an inch of rain below normal too, watched the radar all weekend, huge fronts of rain came right up to the Nebraska southern border and somehow managed to disappear! These were hundreds of miles wide!!!!!!???

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what Are you using to spray the weeds? Be careful with this. some of the chemicals have been known to harm the bees. Sorry-just concerned as last summer we didn't have half the bumble bees as normal. I also hope we have a better year. last year the drought just about did everything in.

Heavy rains still going on. The brook in my back yard 15 feet down is roaring pretty well. It will make noise for the next 2 to 3 weeks at least. Or until everything melts.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
80 and sunny.  Storms tomorrow and Thursday, and back into the 60s after that.  We're ALL GONNA GET PNEUMONIA AND DIE!

Status
Not open for further replies.