What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
We're essentially on the Gulf Coast (parts of Houston are way too close!), so we have the same high humidity. During the summer, we pitch it to the tourists as a free, all-natural sauna. They're thrilled to be getting a freebie and walk about in their shorts and tank tops. What they really get is a bad sunburn.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

Please don't hate me. It's about 86 right now and has been all week. That's the prediction for next week, too. Lows are in the low 70s. All our wildflowers are in full bloom and they're spectacular. 

I'll probably be harvesting from my garden long before you folks will be putting yours in. We have a very long growing season here in southeast Texas, around Houston. Things will be producing through October and into November. They go into the ground from mid-March to early April. I sometimes pick herbs in January. 

Of course, the weeds are already aggressive. If only the good plants would grow as well. My husband says a weed is just a flower no one likes.
You go right ahead bragging about your "fabulous weather" in So TX. That's why I don't live there anymore. El Paso was sort of ok, but central TX (Ft Worth /Dallas) is the pits, weatherwise. Humidity 99%, temps at 100! Who needs that?

I will give your hubby credit: a weed is anything that grows where you don't want it, thus: a gorgeous rose in the middle of a wheatfield is a weed.

We grow things YEAR-ROUND here in sunny Southern California, not just 8 or 9 months. Winter gardens (November to April)  produce lettuce, all cruciferous veggies, green onions, greens of every description, peas, radishes, etc., strawberries available in February, citrus of every kind and so are avocados year round. You've got NOTHING on California, we just don't brag about it. Summer gardens we start to put in around February which overlap with winter gardens which we start in late August while we still pick tomatoes and everything else through November (the only problems is trying to find a space that has already been cleared for the winter garden). 

WEEDS? I have very few in my garden as I grow stuff in composted horse manure, no fertilizer needed, no digging, just pile it up every season, available from places where they stable horses. The few weeds that the wind blows in are easily pulled when they are small and inoffensive. So there, Texan.

Now to the weather: it has been very nice, middle 60s, just right for planting a summer garden, corn should be ready for the 4th of July, not so hot that you break out in a sweat, just right for a walk in the park, take a sweater if you're walking on the beach, but warm enough to sit in the sun, it might reach 75 on a day or two, good to soak up some sun without getting burnt. Humidity around 40%, just right, no stickiness here.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
40 degrees and thunderstorms, pouring all day and night. 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sunny and 66 degrees.  ALL of my windows are open, and my house feels WONDERFUL!   Hekitty is sitting in the living room window, taking in the scents.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dreary and rainy all day. 50's. We needed the rain.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Clear and 65 degrees. Should end up in the mid 80's. Chances of a thunderstorm later. Typical for here. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's just been so chilly, damp and gray lately. :dk: When we do have a reasonably nice day it seems to be super windy. It's raining out right now and there was a little snow mixed in earlier.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunny to partly cloudy and breezy. 68 right now, high 72. 

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
38 bitter cold and damp, rained most of the week - pure yucky! 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been raining/snowing most of the day. It was just cloudy when I woke up, then turned to rain, then to to a mixture of rain/snow. Currently, it is snow, which is only accumulating on the rooftops and grassy surfaces. The prediction is for 1-3 inches of snow, in this area. 

@foxxycat  BE Careful!!  You are in the huge snow belt!!!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
LOL. I think you just did. [emoji]128526[/emoji]
Ten inches of snow? Where the heck do you live?
Just trying to show that Texan that not everything is the greatest in that state. No, we do not usually brag about about our wonderful weather as we don't want any more people moving here, it's too crowded and expensive as is and the more people move here the worse it gets.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A chilly day today with showers throughout. But, thankfully, no snow here. You guys in the north.....be careful!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been getting some MUCH needed rain this past week, but the chilly temps to go with it too, 40's. More rain coming today, I've been watching it on the radar to see is it disappears just before hitting us like it usually does! I think this mass is just too big to disappear though! 70's Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.