What's the story behind your username?

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Always curious as to why people chose the username they did; I'll go first...
When I joined TCS I was rescuing cats from my new place of work and my co-workers kept calling me 'Catlady' lol. JanJanet is my name.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester was the last name of Dean and Sam, the brothers on Supernatural.
I always wondered about that. I thought maybe you got it from my favorite charactor on MASH.

Muffy was one of 8 ferals I brought inside. She was the runt of the litter and did not take sh** from anyone, not from me or any of her big brothers or from her mother or father. She was just an amazing little kitty.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many years ago we had a neighbor who had a cat named Misty. Misty was an indoor/outdoor cat. We had no cats at the time, but Misty adopted us as her "grandparents." Sometimes she would even stay the night. Misty's parents were okay with it, and told us they we happy she had a safe place to go. The neighbors were from Germany here on a temporary work assignment. When they went home, they took Misty. We missed her terribly, and I decided I wanted to go look at cats, mainly just to get a cat fix until I was less sad about Misty going. I had no intention of adopting any (although husband was interested). One of the rescues we went to (long story itself) had a sweet little boy named Swanie who spoke to my heart. Couldn't leave without him, but the idea was to get two so they could be companions. We looked and looked at the other cats and finally one of the people said "what about Cynthia." Again, it was love at first sight. Those two cats were our heart and soul kitties (Swanie was mine, Cindy was his) and It tore us apart when they passed. When we lost Cindy, we adopted Cricket to be a companion to Swanie and when Swanie passed, we brought in Austin. And we love those two dearly as well.

So anyway, when I joined this site in 2006, I just decided to honor Misty as my username.

Misty, napping (or getting ready to) in our house.
1668863914324.png

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I wanted something related to English literature since that was my major in college. I finally decided to use Tobermory from the short story of the same name, published in 1911 by Saki (pseudonym of H.H. Munro). Tobermory was a talking cat.