What’s the sex of my ~9 week old kitten?

Sex of the kitten

• Total voters

elcietimestwo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone! I got a kitten about a week ago and we were told by the person we got it from that it was a boy and we named him Levi :) but when we went to the vet they said it was a girl because they couldn’t see any testes. We decided to keep the name because we had gotten used to calling him/her Levi. However, I’ve been looking at some diagrams about sexing kittens and the kitten still looks like a male to me.
What do you guys think?
We don’t really care what the sex of the kitty is, but we were just curious to know if the vet might have been wrong.
23F339E1-E04B-45DE-894A-B48149A1D6AA.jpeg
34370663-1A34-47BD-BF2D-575167F91018.jpeg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that's a boy. You can see the space where testicles should be. How old is he? If he's very young they may not have dropped yet, but if he's over 12 weeks or so he may be cryptorchid. Which is a bit of a pain but no big deal really.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, that's a boy. You can see the space where testicles should be. How old is he? If he's very young they may not have dropped yet, but if he's over 12 weeks or so he may be cryptorchid. Which is a bit of a pain but no big deal really.
9 weeks W Willowy ;)
Yes, a boy.
Gingers often are.