what's the meaning behind your username?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Glad you asked.

A lot of people think my name is Nora and I'm married to a Mr Chan, but that's not true.

Nora neko is stray cat in Japanese. Actually it's written like this.

野良猫 Field good cat.

Because stray cats are good to have in the fields, keeping the birds and mice out of your crops.

Chan means little or sweet. In my old neighbourhood lots of people put food out for the feral cats as they appreciated all the good work they did in the fields. They used to call them Nora chan, which translates as Little Stray Ones. I thought it was kind of sweet.

Last edited:

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to think mine is pretty self explanatory.

I don't have "house apes", as my friends occasionally call their kids. 

Last edited:

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@SwampWitch  I have wondered where your name came from :) LOVE it!

@Norachan  how sweet :)

Mine, the catwoman is because that's what people call me, " you're the catwoman!" 707 is my area code and where I do all of my cat rescuing, TNR'ing, humane society work, etc.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We stay generally a few weeks up to 4-5mos in a place we want to spend time to explore, but yes, for the most part, we travel :)
have you ever travel to another country? 

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Glad you asked.

A lot of people think my name is Nora and I'm married to a Mr Chan, but that's not true.

Nora neko is stray cat in Japanese. Actually it's written like this.

野良猫 Field good cat.

Because stray cats are good to have in the fields, keeping the birds and mice out of your crops.

Chan means little or sweet. In my old neighbourhood lots of people put food out for the feral cats as they appreciated all the good work they did in the fields. They used to call them Nora chan, which translates as Little Stray Ones. I thought it was kind of sweet.
best one out there

mojoseph

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First and last name! The cat name would have involved "Mostly Drama Mama:" I should have worked harder on that! 

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Margaret Ann is my MIL's name. Our oldest cat was a 4-week-old kitten when I found her as a stray in the parking lot at work (along with her 4 siblings, all of whom were adopted by someone at work). I wanted to name her "Marga", or something similar. MIL goes by "Marge", and "Anne" is my middle name (MIL spells hers, "Ann"). Hubby calls his mother "Large Marge" to distinguish between the Marges!  MIL loves cats, so naming our first kitten together as a couple after her seemed like a nice thing to do.

I guess Marge + cat is not very creative!

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Margaret Ann is my MIL's name. Our oldest cat was a 4-week-old kitten when I found her as a stray in the parking lot at work (along with her 4 siblings, all of whom were adopted by someone at work). I wanted to name her "Marga", or something similar. MIL goes by "Marge", and "Anne" is my middle name (MIL spells hers, "Ann"). Hubby calls his mother "Large Marge" to distinguish between the Marges!  MIL loves cats, so naming our first kitten together as a couple after her seemed like a nice thing to do.

I guess Marge + cat is not very creative!
it still pretty good

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Not yet in our RV, but yes we've been to Mexico and Argentina.  If we ever hit a big lottery, RVing the rest of the planet will be on our itinerary.
RVing the ocean is little bit difficult unless your RV can go on water and maybe be a sub? 

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blaze came first. He is an orange tabby and his markings kind of look like flames. He would fly around the house so hence Blaze.

Haze came as the little brother to Blaze and he is a smokey gray color. I wanted to have their names go together too.

Where there is a Blaze.... There is Haze.
i love  to see a cat fly. haha