What's the last thing you ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had corned beef hash last night. I haven't ate anything yet today, I suppose I should do that it's already after 12pm.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
stewball stewball
THREE EGGS !!!!!!!!!!
Where's the baked beans and the fried bread though?
Fried bread ONLY if I have bacon for which I have to travel to the nearby towns as there's a non kosher butcher there. I'm off beans at the moment especially as I can't find heinz. Ours seem to be underdone.
Of course 3 eggs. 2 is so not enough. You should see me eat the whites first to get rid of them. Dad used to do that with peas or chocolate or cheese cake or chicken all . I'm sending y now as I baby u stay

I did this at work sometimes. The Indian girl who checked my work - it should have been the other way around but I liked typing - was embarrassed to show it to me so somebody else did"
:rbheart:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fried bread ONLY if I have bacon for which I have to travel to the nearby towns as there's a non kosher butcher there. I'm off beans at the moment especially as I can't find heinz. Ours seem to be underdone.
Of course 3 eggs. 2 is so not enough. You should see me eat the whites first to get rid of them. Dad used to do that with peas or chocolate or cheese cake or chicken all . I'm sending y now as I baby u stay

I did this at work sometimes. The Indian girl who checked my work - it should have been the other way around but I liked typing - was embarrassed to show it to me so somebody else did"
:rbheart:
Yesterday was the 3rd day and night I hadn't slept so I took a sleeping pill and now I want to go back to sleep which is why the typos. Sorry. Dad didn't like chocolate or cheese cake or boiled chicken

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My cousin just shared that very recipe on facebook last night! 
I forgot I was going to make them today!  I have a can of chick peas that's getting ready to expire!
My friend shared it and said they were good. I asked hubby to bring home a can of chick peas so I could make them. Mine took closer to 50 minutes, after 40 they weren't crispy yet.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My friend shared it and said they were good. I asked hubby to bring home a can of chick peas so I could make them. Mine took closer to 50 minutes, after 40 they weren't crispy yet.
Thanks for the tip!  They do look really good! I'll probably go light on the seasonings for the first try.  I need some snack food now... lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
@Winchester
Do the lemon Oreos have a bit of a tart taste or are they really sweet.
I love slightly tart lemon cookies.

I've had 2 cups coffee and now am working on a diet coke. I've been up since 4:30.
I think they're a little too sweet and I would prefer them a wee bit tarter or more lemony, but Rick likes them just the way they are. I do not care for the birthday cake ones at all. They also have a chocolate birthday cake Oreo now, too, but we haven't tried them yet.

I have a recipe for lemon cookies with a nice, lemony frosting and I just love those cookies. If you're interested, let me know. They're interesting because they take a full 1/4 cup of baking powder and yes, it's a 1/4 cup. But they're really good.....like a lemon sugar cookie with the lemon frosting on top. (When I was doing my internship, my office was two doors down from a bakery that made the most wonderful lemon sugar cookies. I begged them for the recipe, but they wouldn't give it out. I even swore I wasn't from the area and I was strictly a home baker, but no luck. The recipe that I have is very close to theirs. It's a good cookie.)

Mrs. B, I have tried and tried to make roasted chick peas, but I can't seem to get them crunchy enough. I have a can of chick peas in the pantry; maybe I'll try this for the Super Bowl on Sunday. Thanks for the recipe and the tip about roasting them longer. I love chick peas, especially in salads.

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the tip!  They do look really good! I'll probably go light on the seasonings for the first try.  I need some snack food now... lol
I would suggest very light on the garlic. I only put a little bit and they are very garlicky. My daughter doesn't seem to mind, she's been pigging out on them. 

The chick peas are the last thing I ate again.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had some ground turkey breast that I chunked up and simmered in a little water with a seasoning blend I like and 1/2 of a pasilla pepper.  When the turkey was cooked, put in a cut up slice of pepperjack cheese for a kind of cheesey soup.  Another one of my unconventional breakfasts ;-)  Also had 2 oz. half and half with my decaf.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Some spinach and paneer curry again, with rice, and followed by the last piece of millionaire's shortbread and a cup of decaf coffee.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Organic beef burger on a asiago bun with pickles and a wonderful fresh juice with a couple fruits and veggies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Organic beef burger on a asiago bun with pickles and a wonderful fresh juice with a couple fruits and veggies
OMG. Asiago! I just love asiago! 

OK, here's the thing. There is a local bakery at our farmers' market and they make the absolute best filled cookies: cherry, raspberry, lemon, and raisin. So when my co-worker and his friend walked over to the market yesterday, he picked me up a dozen cookies, 3 of each of the four varieties. Now I did share them with my co-workers. And I did share what was left with dear Richard. But....

The last thing I ate last night was a lemon, a raspberry, and a raisin-filled cookie. Three cookies. And they were just delicious. (And I probably would have eaten one of the cherry filled cookies, too, but my boss beat me to them yesterday. There was only one cherry cookie left and I know that dear Richard loves cherry cookies, so I left it for him. Magnanimous of me, wasn't it?) 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The last thing I ate last night was a lemon, a raspberry, and a raisin-filled cookie. Three cookies. And they were just delicious. (And I probably would have eaten one of the cherry filled cookies, too, but my boss beat me to them yesterday. There was only one cherry cookie left and I know that dear Richard loves cherry cookies, so I left it for him. Magnanimous of me, wasn't it?) 
AWWWW :heart3: You always think of your dear Richard - and, yes, that was very, very charitable and extremely selfless!!!!!! :lol3: :lol2:
p.s. I love lemon anything, ANYTHING. My taste buds are bursting right thinking about lemon cookies, etc. Lemon meringue pie - :yummy: :drool:

-----------------

The leftover half of my Cinnamon Chip scone from Starbucks that I picked up yesterday afternoon. No, :anon:, I didn't let Larry see it last night (it was hiding :lol3:) or he would have eaten it. :D

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That might even be worse than my Maltesers!!! :jaw:    Bet it tasted good though. (my eyes are glowing green BTW). :lol3:
My ex has green eyes and my son has beautiful light green eyes so don't worry.
:lol3:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some Belgian chocolate cookies from my neighbor's bake sale. So much for eating healthy right after an orthodontist appointment :D
H

You deserve it Miki after going voluntarily to the orthodontist. I'm sad to say I'm so scared I only go when I know something is wrong.
Enjoy your Belgian choccies.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.