What's The Last Thing You Ate - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I had a sesame bagel with a little cheese on it.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Homemade whoe-wheat pancakes with maple syrup, and I didn't have to make 'em - even better LOL
(I've gotta try making that mint carob buttercream...it just sounds SO yummy!)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade whoe-wheat pancakes with maple syrup, and I didn't have to make 'em - even better LOL
(I've gotta try making that mint carob buttercream...it just sounds SO yummy!)
the mint carob buttercream really was tasty! :D a couple things that i did/found. the 6-7 cups of powdered sugar: i found that it was best to add 6 cups, and then add more as needed. i used green food coloring, liquid kind, instead of coloring gel -- and had no problems. i did add the optional salt to the recipe, and was glad that i did. the buttercream was sweet, and sweet enough, but not too sweet. i used regular table salt. and i didn't have mini carob chips, so i ran some regular sized carob chips through the blender to chop them a bit. from doing that, i got smaller chip pieces as well as small 'crumbles' and fine-ish powder. i spooned out what i needed of the smaller chip pieces, for making the mint carob chip buttercream, and the crumbles and fine-ish powder are going to be used in making carob tapioca pudding.

i'm not overly generous with frostings on my cakes, and was pleasantly surprised that the mint carob chip buttercream recipe gave me just the right amount to frost the three-layer carob cake. it's also great that the buttercream can be frozen for at least 3 months! i had planned to freeze any extra, and use it to frost some carob brownies. :yummy:

and a tip: i always mix powdered sugar in just a little, before using a (handheld) mixer. i don't like the powdered sugar, or any ingredient, to become 'airborne'! :nono:

i'm not sure that i had posted a link to the recipe, so here's a link -- The BEST Mint Chocolate Chip Buttercream Recipe!

i had a slice of Irish Soda Bread with margarine, and a glass of milk -- my breakfast! :D

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my, thank you ever so much for that recipe and your tips!! You are wonderful!

The last thing I ate was butterscotch pudding and homemade whipped topping (I'm tickled pink I'm able to use up leftovers)

Status
Not open for further replies.