What's the last thing you ate - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

burningbright

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Fry-up tonight. Friday is either fish and chips or sausage, bacon, beans, chips and egg.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm eating a little container of fruit I got at the grocery store. Pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe and grapes.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A grilled cheese sandwich.
I do love grilled cheese with tomato soup. I haven't had any in forever because I haven't found a gluten free version of tomato soup.
I just finished lunch. It was leftover green lima beans, a baked sweet potato and a piece of gluten free corn bread.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I do love grilled cheese with tomato soup. I haven't had any in forever because I haven't found a gluten free version of tomato soup.
I just finished lunch. It was leftover green lima beans, a baked sweet potato and a piece of gluten free corn bread.
I don’t understand why tomato soup would have gluten in it. I just googled and the very first recipe is gluten free:

Classic Tomato Soup Recipe - Chowhound

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don’t understand why tomato soup would have gluten in it. I just googled and the very first recipe is gluten free:

Classic Tomato Soup Recipe - Chowhound
I had not looked for a recipe to make it. The commercially canned tomato soups have wheat flour added to thicken the soup. Since I am reminded of tomato soup when I hear or see grilled cheese sandwich mentioned, maybe I might just try to make my own, as this recipe suggests. Thanks.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last thing: spiral-sliced hickory smoked ham (present from the boss) and cheddar sandwich toasted on a homemade garlic bread roll with a mayo/mustard and dill spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.