What's the last thing you ate - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tonight i tried something new. i'd been thinking about it for a few days, and decided it sounded good so would try it. i made a grilled cheese with sweet bread & butter pickles sandwich. it really turned out quite nice, and very tasty too! not quite as good as the peanut butter and sweet bread & butter pickles sandwich, but then, nothing can compare with that.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I would like the grilled cheese with the pickles, I think, but not so much the peanut butter.

Last night, I ate 1/4 cup of Goldfish crackers.....that I had to share with Mollipop because, when it comes to Goldfish and Cheez-its, the girl is insatiable. I mean, she actually sits on my lap, pats my cheek, and meows for her share (and more than her share, if truth be told)!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like the grilled cheese with the pickles, I think, but not so much the peanut butter.

Last night, I ate 1/4 cup of Goldfish crackers.....that I had to share with Mollipop because, when it comes to Goldfish and Cheez-its, the girl is insatiable. I mean, she actually sits on my lap, pats my cheek, and meows for her share (and more than her share, if truth be told)!
When I have anything containing cheese, or even fish, Artie is right there...
He will climb onto my lap, put his face in my food, even if I am holding it. He has gone so far as to try to climb onto the plate! He tries to paw the plate down to where he can get it..
I honestly have to physically shoo him away..

I have not had any fish for my food in a very long time. I would love to have some tuna, or a nice piece of salmon, but, no... sigh....what I do for my cat....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Molli is quite the cheese hound. I gave her just a wee smidgen of our Parmesan-Gouda cheese the other night and I thought she was going to scream the house down for more!

I just finished my breakfast: 1/2 cup of oatmeal with 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 3/4 cup of nonfat milk. I'm just glad that I really like oatmeal.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
tonight i tried something new. i'd been thinking about it for a few days, and decided it sounded good so would try it. i made a grilled cheese with sweet bread & butter pickles sandwich. it really turned out quite nice, and very tasty too! not quite as good as the peanut butter and sweet bread & butter pickles sandwich, but then, nothing can compare with that.
Are you pregnant? Peanut butter and pickles??? Do you eat it with mint ice cream? :thumbsup:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Leftover chicken poblano with rice. It was better than before. It's been a while and I think I hear some Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia calling me.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you pregnant? Peanut butter and pickles??? Do you eat it with mint ice cream? :thumbsup:
oh my!!! no, i'm not pregnant. i just have no problem with trying new things. sometimes those new things turn out to be among our favorite foods! peanut butter and sweet pickles is among my favorites. i mean, if you like peanut butter, and you like sweet pickles......then why not try them together?

tonight i'll heat up the last of the penne with spaghetti sauce and meatball -- just one meatball left. and i just might bake a sheet of oatmeal peanut butter cookies in the toaster oven. if so, i'll have a few for dessert.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had to twit you. I like to try new things, too. I grew up eating mayonnaise sandwiches. Nothing but lots of mayonnaise on them. Also sandwiches with buttered bread, peanut butter, sliced bananas, lettuce, and sugar. They were both delicious.

I've tried all kinds of things. Bison, alligator, ostrich, venison, squirrel, rabbit, rattlesnake, prairie oysters, longhorn cow, frog's legs, escargot, octopus, abalone, squid, prickly pear cactus pads, bird's nest soup, fried cricket, jicama, raw oysters, and a lot of things I can't remember now. The only things I didn't care for were the prairie oysters, the venison, and the cricket.

My husband, when he was a kid, thought that since he liked milk and also catsup, why not mix them together? He quickly found out that wasn't a good combination!

Here's to new foods and combinations!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
OMGosh, a new bagel place opened up in town. One of my co-workers stopped in on his way to work to buy an assortment. I had a decadent cinnamon-raisin bagel. Delicious! He had a French toast bagel. I can see bagels becoming part of our morning routine. Yum.

My cousin sprinkles black pepper on his vanilla ice cream; he swears that the pepper brings out more of the vanilla taste. I tried it and didn't really agree. He is the same cousin who swears by ketchup on chocolate cake. And that is such a waste of chocolate! Who in his right mind would pour ketchup on chocolate cake? Seriously!

I'm not a fan of beer by any stretch, but used to mix beer and chocolate milk; it was kind of like a malted. Not all that bad really.

When I was a kid, mom found me sitting on the floor behind the couch one afternoon with a tablespoon and a huge jar of French's ballpark; evidently I was a mustard head from way back. Later on she found my sister with margarine and a fork. Don't ask us why.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lunch I'm having thin crust pizza with extra cheese, mushrooms and olives. It's so good. I could live on pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.