What's the last thing you ate - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A salmon poke bowl.
For some reason this is a new craze in NYC. Poke = raw fish salad. Mine had King Salmon, with diced up cucumbers and daikon, with quinoa and black sesame seeds in it. Came with a side of miso dressing and spicy mayo to dip it in. Was pretty tasty and I assume, healthy.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A brownie my son in law made to celebrate my granddaughter's 2nd birthday. It was surprisingly good considering he never cooks - he had to ask my daughter how to make pasta the first time they cooked together.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For breakfast this morning I had a toasted bagel with strawberry cream cheese and some Morningstar Farms Veggie Sausage Links. They were a little spicy for my taste but were very good.

Muffy

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mother Dragon Mother Dragon -- no, not pregnant! :lol: i just absolutely adore both peanut butter and sweet bread & butter pickles, and one day decided to try them together in a sandwich. and i fell in love! the taste of both, and together, as well as the crunchiness of the sweet bread & butter pickles is simply heavenly! i don't eat them every day, and go through periods of time where i eat them often.

a peanut butter and concord grape jelly sandwich.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried Claussen bread and butter pickle slices? They're in the refrigerator case and they are the reason cucumbers were created.

My weakness in a peanut butter sandwich is layered butter, peanut butter, sliced banana, and lettuce, all sprinkled with sugar, so I have no reason to talk about your sandwich.

I do not like PB&J!

What kind of peanut butter do you prefer?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried Claussen bread and butter pickle slices? They're in the refrigerator case and they are the reason cucumbers were created.

My weakness in a peanut butter sandwich is layered butter, peanut butter, sliced banana, and lettuce, all sprinkled with sugar, so I have no reason to talk about your sandwich.

I do not like PB&J!

What kind of peanut butter do you prefer?
i've never tried Claussen bread and butter pickle slices. i buy the Aldi's store brand for both the sweet bread & butter pickle slices and peanut butter -- really quite good tasting, imo.

that sounds like a very interesting sandwich combination! :D my dad liked peanut butter, mayo, and lettuce sandwiches. those are actually quite good too!

i'll be having some mini pretzels in just a few minutes, after i give my cats their snack.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Indulge yourself just once with the Claussen.

We have a couple of Aldi's nearby but I've never been in. I believe they're a German company and much of merchandise is their own brand or a German one. They've come into the highly competitive Houston area market like gangbusters and seem to be making it where Safeway, Albertson's, and others have failed. The big players in Texas are Kroger and HEB. HEB is a Texas company based in San Antonio and carries a lot of Texas products. Most of their stuff is excellent quality and the prices are pretty good, too. They pretty much match or beat Walmart. Kroger is higher on just about everything.

When I was growing up we sometimes ate just plain Kraft mayonnaise sandwiches. We also had fried Spam and fried bologna sandwiches. I still like meatloaf sandwiches on bread with mayonnaise.

I tried fried Spam at Austin's Spam-arama Festival some years ago and it was awful. They had a cooking contest and I saw one guy go by with a big molded lime Jell-O salad with chopped Spam in it! Eye-yuk! I'm glad I wasn't the judge who had to taste that!

My other half worked as a "sandwich boy" at a major deli here when he was in college. He can still make some bodacious sandwiches.

We had fried shrimp, cole slaw, and pecan rice for supper tonight about 3 a.m. We're nocturnal, so that was the right time for us. It's getting to be bedtime. Have to crawl into my coffin before the sun comes up and it's already getting light.

Status
Not open for further replies.